This page gives you access to some regular updates released by the projects, OM or community. All communications channels of the Openmoko community are listed at the Community Resources page.
The official Openmoko updates (discontinued early 2009) can be found in Weekly Engineering News.
Post launch series
- Community Updates/Draft_2009-09-02
- Community Updates/2009-08-19
- Community Updates/2009-08-06
- Community Updates/July 23, 2009
- Community Updates/July 9, 2009
- Community Updates/June 25, 2009
- Community Updates/May 22, 2009
- Community Updates/April 30, 2009
- Community Updates/April 17, 2009
- Community Updates/April 05, 2009
- Community Updates/March 20, 2009
- Community Updates/March 6, 2009
- Community Updates/February 20, 2009
- Community Updates/February 6, 2009
- Community Updates/January 23th, 2009
- Community Updates/January 12th, 2009
- Community Updates/December 29th, 2008
- Community Updates/December 15th, 2008
- Community Updates/December 1st, 2008
- Community Updates/November 16th, 2008
- Community Updates/November 2nd, 2008
- Community Updates/October 19th, 2008
- Community Updates/October 3rd, 2008
- 17th September, 2008 - Activity since launch
Rules for community updates
After May 22dnd 2009 OM stopped working on community updates. These rules are here to make it possible for the community to keep the updates running.
The draft of the news will be in the Talk page of the next Community Update page (example, see http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Talk:Community_Updates/June_25%2C_2009 ). The news will be added there. On release, the content of that page is moved to be the content of the actual page ( http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Updates/June_25%2C_2009 ). Detailed instructions below.
- Don't trust that someone else will add it, add it yourself and make it clean
- Add links to blog posts, applications, mailing list posts that you think are worth to announce to the whole community
- If it's The Release Date and you notice the news has not been released, DO IT! Don't trust that someone else will do it for you.
- When you release, move the content of Talk: page to the actual wikipage.
- Add a link to the released update page to http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Community_Updates
- Prepare the draft page for the next community news: captions, dates etc.. Releasing news on Thursdays every two weeks sound's good to me.
- Send a post to the community mailing list with the link to the released news and the draft of the next news.
Ramp up to launch series
Even though Openmoko strives to keep the community informed of the development progress, Openmoko does not provide delivery dates. Instead, Openmoko Inc. reports and discusses the project on a day to day basis, using the openmoko-community mailing list. Developers will wish to follow the progress on the openmoko-kernel mailing list and the devel mailing list. Major updates notices are sent to the announce mailing list.
As FreeRunners started shipping, that series of Community Updates mostly related to the expected release date has been taken over by a more community-oriented newsletter.
- 14th June, 2008 - When it will be possible to buy Openmoko?
- 10th June, 2008 - SMT is running!
- 5th June, 2008 - Cleared to start Mass production
- May 20, 2008 - Whats up with the freerunner mass production?
- April 14, 2008 - next costumers location
- April 11, 2008 - FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update
- April 7, 2008 - Any updates on the PVT status?
- March 25, 2008 - Production status Update
- February 25, 2008 - Community Update
- February 14, 2008 - Community Update
- February 10, 2008 - Community Update
- January 24, 2008 - Community Update
- January 10, 2008 - Community Update
- January 2, 2008 - Community Update