| Editing: (22/01/2009) This page is being edited by Brenda Wang: |
If this note persists without edits in the history, feel free to remove the Editing template from the page.
Here is the tenth community update. First of all, I will like to thank Minh for contributing so many updates in the past. Community updates are extremely important to Openmoko; therefore, I will pursue this tradition.
I may not write as well as Minh. So, please give me any feedback/comments that you may have. And, if I miss some details, please feel free to complete it to make it better.
Distribution status update
- SHR-XMPP works on XMPP. - the light version that ships with pidgin.
- Gentoo GPRS, GPS and WIFI conectivity is working now. But not through the UI.
- Android-New Android prebuild version ready . It suports wifi, bluetooth, gsm call (new binary library from Sean McNeil),suspend better performance and fix a panic if you press aux button during suspend.
- Testing builds will be suspended.
Application information update
ShortOm-Application and shell launcher, with editable config file, and log result page.
Dhmoko-From January 1st to May 3rd you can see and touch 2 Openmoko Freerunners in the DHM (Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin!). They serve as faked cellphones to control a sms-chatwall in the exhibition "Die Sprache Deutsch".
ZOMG!-Fixed one critical bug which could break opkg feeds (don't panic). If this happens it can easily be undone, by hand-checking the feeds you edited (The only way this could have happened to you is if you have edited the feed-title, but not the feed (file)name).
Yaouh!-Yaouh! (Yet Another Osm Updater H) is an utility for update maps of TangoGPS. It checks the md5 sum of remote and local files, if they are different the files are updated. Its retrieves the local storage path from the TangoGPS config. For now OSM maps are supported only.
Pimlico- Pimlico is a suite of lightweight Personal Information Management (PIM) applications designed primarily for handheld and mobile devices. For more information, please see http://www.pimlico-project.org/.
MBAC-a simple porting of Bulls and Cows, game similar to Mastermind.
Dice Rolling game- Written by [kris Occhipinti]. The game is programmed in Python, just shake the phone and it rolls 2 dice using random numbers.
- Zem wrote a set of DBus Access Scripts to store telephone numbers from a set of vcards to your SIM card phonebook. .
- Espoo, Finland -- Nokia announced that its Qt cross-platform User Interface (UI) and application framework for desktop and embedded platforms will be available under the Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 2.1 license from the release of Qt 4.5, scheduled for March 2009.
- Community meeting - There will be a Cambridge Openmoko pub meet at the Granta, which apparently is on Newnham Terrace., next door to Darwin College, at 7.30pm on friday 30.1.2009. All are welcome; if you have an Openmoko, you are encouraged to bring it. For those navigating by silicon, the postcode is apparently CB3 9EX. To be directly informed about future meets in Cambridge, and/or to have a hand in planning them, please join the mailing list at http://www.teaparty.net/mailman/listinfo/om-cambridge .
- Openmoko create an testing mailing list. The purpose of this mailing is filtering out the testing related issues/discussions that happen in devel or community mailing list. Feel free to use it.
- Bug #1597 bug closed. Wifi driver problem will fixed by using new kernel 2.6.28. FSO MS5 will deploy this new kernel.