Openmoko is still developing new phones. Each phone has an internal name before it's reaches it's final status. Here you can follow the development for nearby.
- Main article: Neo 1973 Phase 0
- See also Wishlist:Neo1973_P0_Review
36 developers have received their devices. 
GTA01Bv4 (Neo 1973)
- Main article: Neo 1973 Phase 1
The Neo Base costed $300, with the Advanced kit costing $450. Both have now sold out.
See Neo 1973 hardware for what components GTA01B_v04 contains.
Neo Base -- everything the mobile application developer needs to enjoy the benefits of the first freed phone, the Neo 1973:
* Neo 1973 (GTA01B_v4) * Battery (1200mAh) * Stylus * Headset * Phone Pouch * Lanyard * SanDisk 512MB MicroSD Card * Mini USB Connectivity Cable
Neo Advanced -- everything the mobile device hacker wants to get down and dirty with the first freed phone, the Neo 1973:
* Neo 1973 (GTA01B_v4) * Battery (1200mAh) (2x) * Stylus * Headset * Phone Pouch * Lanyard * SanDisk 512MB MicroSD Card (2x) * Mini USB Connectivity Cable (2x) * Debug Flex Cable * Debug Board v2 (JTAG and serial console) * Ruggedized Toolbox with shoulder strap * Guitar Pick (for opening case) * Torx T6 screwdriver
You do not need the Advanced package to do normal kernel, or application development, only perhaps hacking on u-boot.
As described in Sean's post on mailing list (with some adjustments/corrections).
GTA02 (Neo FreeRunner)
- Main article: Neo FreeRunner
The device will hopefully go on sale for developers in future months.
Estimated time line
- GTA02v3 design finalized - DONE
- GTA02v3 power supply flaw found, GTA02v4 needed - DONE
- GTA02v4 design finalized - DONE
- GTA02v4 small number produced for Openmoko internal developer evaluation - DONE
- GTA02v4 thorough evaluation by Openmoko internal developers - In progress
- GTA02v4 flaw found, GTA02v5 needed - On hold while further development on drivers is done to ensure no further hardware bugs. - In progress
- GTA02v5 design finalized - DONE
- GTA02v5 small number produced for Openmoko internal developer evaluation - Done (around 20)
- GTA02v5 thorough evaluation by Openmoko internal developers - Done
- GTA02v5 produced in moderate volume - Done
- GTA02v5 goes on sale to community via web store - Done
(For the very latest news, visit Community Updates, which also allows you to suggest questions or topics for future updates.)
It will have the following new hardware components:
* Atheros 802.11 b/g WiFi * Samsung S3C2442 B54 SoC @ 400Mhz * SMedia Glamo3362 Graphics Accelerator * 2x ST 3D Accelerometers * 256MB Flash * 128MB SDRAM * 2MB NOR Flash * 1200mAh Battery * 2 LEDs illuminating the two buttons. * u-blox/Atmel ATR0635 GPS * Bluetooth * 850/1800/1900 Mhz or 900/1800/1900 Mhz for GSM/GPRS * USB Host function with power
It will also lose:
* One speaker, becoming mono.
We will sell this device through multiple channels. Direct from openmoko.com, the price will be $399 for the Neo Base and $99 for the debug board.
Adds to the Phase 1 phone (see side by side comparison):
- 2D Graphics-Accelerator (in theory 3D - however driver is unlikely to be available to to lack of core dev time and inability to supply docs without NDA to third parties.
- 2 Accelerometers
- Faster CPU - S3C2442/400
- WiFi: Atheros AR6K (see also )
- Above from  and other sources
- 500mA powered USB host
- There will be no changes in the external housing, but internal plastics change.  
The next phone, GTA03, will be based on the same system-on-a-chip as the Neo FreeRunner (GTA02). It will presumably differ from it by having a 3.5 mm TRS audio connector (instead of a 2.5 mm connector), EDGE and a camera. GTA03 will not include support for 3G networks.
The fourth Openmoko planned, GTA04, will be based on a different system-on-a-chip.