Wishlist/Neo1973 P0 Review
This is a page for those with P0 hardware to share their impressions of the device, and to respond to questions that may be raised about it.
See also Neo1973 Phase 0 -- Information for Phase 0 device owners
Neo1973_Hardware#GTA01Bv3 -- Hardware in Phase 0 phone
Found on IRC, pictures by:
- Koen provided these pictures, of the assembled and partially dissasembled phone.
- Rwhitby has posted pictures of his Neo1973 test rig
- hrw Size comparison between nokia6210, neo1973, SE k750i
- alphaone comparison of several phones running openmoko
- microSD read/write speeds with various cards
- at the moment this probably crashes Neo1973
- internal NAND read/write speeds
- raw dump from s3c2410-ts device as you touch (click)/gesture/hold down with fingers/stylus
- raw dump when doing fake double-touch: one finger down and then tap with second finger or make gesture with second finger
- some benchmarks
dd bs=1024 count=10240 if=/dev/zero | time gzip -9 > /dev/null 10240+0 records in 10240+0 records out real 0m 4.94s user 0m 3.73s sys 0m 0.58s
time dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=10240 of=/dev/zero 10240+0 records in 10240+0 records out real 0m 34.95s user 0m 0.01s sys 0m 34.69s and another device: 10240+0 records in 10240+0 records out real 0m 37.01s user 0m 0.03s sys 0m 36.42s
time dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024 count=102400 of=/dev/zero real 0m 2.23s user 0m 0.12s sys 0m 2.08
- scp via SSH to the SD card is running with 300kb/s
- lsusb -v & lspci (or whatever ls$busname you have on ARM9 :-) )
Bus 1 Device 2: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) Bus 1 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
- this is lsusb, could I please have a lsusb -v? --@Dexter 15:17, 8 March 2007 (CET)
Processor : ARM920T rev 0 (v4l) BogoMIPS : 100.96 Features : swp half thumb CPU implementer : 0x41 CPU architecture: 4T CPU variant : 0x1 CPU part : 0x920 CPU revision : 0 Cache type : write-back Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops Cache lockdown : format A Cache format : Harvard I size : 16384 I assoc : 64 I line length : 32 I sets : 8 D size : 16384 D assoc : 64 D line length : 32 D sets : 8 Hardware : GTA01 Revision : 0230 Serial : 0000000000000000
(Transcribed from here.)
- ATI3 & ATI9 & AT&V output from GSM modem
All those commands give an error, but see Hardware:AT_Commands for other results.
- picture of the inside of the front and back cases, with a ruler for scale, also pcb back and front with ruler, to make it easier for people considering building hardware modifications.
- dmesg dump
- pstree -Gupl output after all standard processes have started
- ps output
By default Neo1973 has usb0 interface working. Under Linux you need to modprobe usbnet and configure usb0 interface:
ifconfig usb 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0
Then ssh firstname.lastname@example.org with empty password to get into phone.
Dialing currently works only manually.