Talk:Supported microSD cards
Let it be known that 4Gb microSDHC cards have been announced by more than one company. Apparently these will not be supported by default in microSD devices. Does anyone know if the Neo will support these in theory? Wasp 00:06, 16 February 2007 (CET)
- Also 8GB MicroSD cards have now been announced. Would be really nice to know if it's just a driver issue or something more.
- Anyone tried 16GB microSDHC cards (Sandisk)? - the are now available here in Germany --Nodge 08:52, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
How to test
Can we please define repeatable tests? atm I just copy stuff there and back - there is probably more to it. Tested the Sandisk 512 and 1024 cards Johan 22:27, 4 August 2007 (CEST)
Use newer kernel/uboot for testing
As the 2.6.17 kernel is pretty outdated and openmoko uses 2.6.22 for a long time now, we maybe should use this kernel version for testing, shouldn't we? --Thomasg 16:23, 23 September 2007 (CEST)
i strongly second that. please do not test with ancient and totally outdated software. this will only generate bogus bugreports which hold everybody from seeing the real problems. with recent i mean 188.8.131.52-moko11 or newer. please also add the exact release (including svnr if possible) when filing a bug.
same goes for uboot. currently we are at svnr 2943 or higher. please do not file bugs against uboots which are totally outdated. if you want to update your uboot for tests, please contact me and i'll try to supply you with a tested uboot for your device. --Roh 22:03, 23 September 2007 (CEST)
Beginners need more information
Uboot "?" or Linux "Yes" don't mean much to a beginner. My guess is
- "?" means the test has not been performed?
- uboot "yes" means that you can boot directly from an image on the Micro SD device?
- Linux = "yes" means that once booted with the specified kernel that I can put a filesystem on the device and use it for general purpose storage?
Could someone clarify this by adding a legend to this page? Thanks -- Brian H Wilson 18:04, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
Reformatting the page
I suggest to reformat the page so the table is broken up. Instead of the table, it would be more modular to have each card listed and described there, since what kernel/uboot the card will work. Additional notes could be supplied more easily than in the table.
How to obtain the "Model number"
Say how to obtain the "Model number" from the card if one no longer has the box it came in. Jidanni 08:43, 28 October 2008 (UTC)