Talk:Qtopia on Neo1973
- How responsive is the Qtopia UI on the Neo? --denis_std 13:12, 18 September 2007 (CEST)****
Where do I find / how do I install??
- Are calls/SMSs working?
- Yes, but you need to do "alsactl -f /etc/alsa/gsmhandset.state restore" to get audio. kresp0 11:45, 19 September 2007 (CEST)
- How do you input characters other than letters?
- Do a quick flick up or down over the keyboard to access numbers/symbols/capitals.
Where can I find/install applications for Qtopia?
Being the geek I am, I just have to ask, will we be able to dual boot Qtopia and OpenMoko? :) (feel free to move this if I'm asking in the wrong place)
Techiem2 13:00, 19 September 2007 (EST)
- Dual Boot seems unnecessary. Switching runlevels or something of that sort should be sufficient. You just need to select if either qpe or X11/gsmd and so on should be started. You could in fact also swith both systems quite easy like most distros allow switching the window manager.
- --Deep-Thought 15:30, 20 September 2007 (CEST)
How can I display and enter cyrillic characters?
I interested first in display my national characters in SMS. Also need to write notes ands SMS'es.
I've successfully installed Qtopia, how can I make a call now?
After flashing Qtopia (kernel/rootfs) from qtopia.net it apparently can't connect to the sim card. Because no network provider is shown and even no pin query pops up at startup. Also with an other sim card it does not work. With OpenMoko I can at least make a call by using AT commands. What's the problem here? Some guys seems to have running a working Qtopia...