This is the infrastructural page of the SHR User Manual. Decisions of discussions should go here.
Sources of info
SHR Unstable will be used for this manual.
Screenshots should be based on one, default theme: Illume-SHR.
Questions for discussion
name of this guide/manual/introduction/howto...
Hi! I'm one of the wiki maintainers here. I have recently started an effort to standardise manuals on this wiki - see http://n2.nabble.com/organizing-manuals-on-the-wiki-tp3302919p3302919.html for my posts to the documentation mailing list. I'm planning to create some standards for writing manuals which would become part of the Openmoko Wiki Editing Guidelines. For the SHR manual implementing those standards would mean that some parts of the section "Installation" would be moved to individual device-manuals. Furthermore this manual would probably be moved to a page like Manuals/SHR. What do you think about this? I'd appreciate any comments from you. --Marko Knöbl 21:55, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
I am ok with this but let the draft develop here as part of the cofundus project till August 31st --Rakshat 09:18, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi, i am the writer of this page. I have previously already moved the page to Manuals/SHR but i can see that you moved it back. I don't really care about the location as the wiki is only part of the release. --Vanous 09:10, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Work in progress
Started adding screenshots and texts. At this point, i don't care about formatting at all. --Vanous 09:41, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Formatted already. Typo corrections welcomed --Vanous 10:57, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
Added SHR Settings screenshots, need to be formatted --Vanous 13:09, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
The Car Navigation system (Navit) section may be better lower down the Manual, in the application section. --Rakshat 18:27, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
hihi, didn't read your comment but moved it already :))) will move it even further after things get a bit clearer here :) --Vanous 09:37, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
The Navit section will need to be reviewed as SHR-u provides navit (older version i think). For now it's good though. --?
Add two workaround in the navit section (please correct my bad english;-) ). Update of navit is not possible: remove and reinstall GPS didn't work without the libgps17, also not the other programs that use GPS (i.e. that one in the settings). --tomix 00:10, 2. September 2009
Table of contents
I think that the toc should be on the left for consistency. right alignment is good for rtl language (not english or other western languages) Dareus
- I'd also prefer having the toc on the left side - but I'd rather have the text below it, not floating around it as it was after your edit. --Marko Knöbl 18:23, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- I would like to get all the subpoints into sections and this will make the content quite long. I haven't found yet how to make the content smaller (limit levels). this will make the content huge, this is why i would like to keep it besides. i am more inclined towards the right side ans it feels more natural, but of here is a consistency issue, we can go left, but at this point floating, please, thank you --Vanous 22:48, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- OK, I see what you mean now. I think it's alright to leave floating on the right side. --Marko Knöbl 09:25, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you. The content is ok for now but in the future i would like it to be a bit smarter... will see how to do such a thing.... --Vanous 22:24, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Rework for 2010 Unstable/Testing images
i am going to start updating the manual to reflect the latest Testing/Unstable images. --Vanous 16:38, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for doing this --Rakshat 20:12, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
Still working on the updates. Considering swapping sections: Settings and Localizing (so Settings would come first, Localizing second). Any preferences anyone? --Vanous 18:21, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
Proceeded :) --Vanous 22:21, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
Very good you care about this. One remark: the SHR logo image is overlaying the content on right side (konqueror here) jOERG 2010-03-01 12:00
- Thank you. And thank you for the logo/TOC issue report. I am trying to make the headers that make TOC as short as possible, to keep TOC of of the way. Btw, no issue with Firefox here. --Vanous 14:53, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
TODO for rework (using testing image from 22. April 2010):
Vanous, you're right, no bug reports here... sorry.
--ChrisPZV 24 June 2010 (UTC)~/.pisi/conf is configured well, just as described in the manual here, out of the box. So the user has to confirm that field_support is set to TRUE only. Maybe this way:
grep -A 5 "[opimd]" ~/.pisi/conf # --> should print out "field_support=TRUE" as well
Summarize and include AT command line usage as in this thread: http://lists.shr-project.org/pipermail/shr-user/2010-March/003933.html --Vanous 17:12, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
- Done --vanous 08:15, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
Illume2 --Vanous 17:11, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
- Started already with Illume2 --Vanous 17:31, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
Update the GSM firmware : it will be necessary to introduce and refresh the gsm firmware update workflow (http://shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Tweaks#UpgradingtheGSMFirmware), because it is outdated. May be the GSM/Flashing page could be updated? --Kiriarat 05:42, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
- modification of package installation (only fluid; s3c24xx-gpio already in SHR unstable);
- workflow to stop fsogsmd (it will be necessary to stop frameworkd, phonefsod and dbus-1);
- modification of path "/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on" to "/sys/bus/platform/devices/gta02-pm-gsm.0/power_on".