The 12th community update is now available. For an easier access to the newest update, it can be also accessed from Community Box located at the left. The old versions are put on Community updates page. I will like to thank the community for the help and for sharing us some interesting information.
- Fyp is a Debian for Freerunner based distribution which uses LXDE and Zhone on top. It is a FreeYourPhone.de community project. Now the first beta image is released. You can download Fyp distribution here, then uses NeoTool for installation. After you finished the installation and boot up, you can press AUX (short press) shows the keyboard, and use Power button to pops up the shutdown/suspend menu, then select the options.
- FSO meets paroli-for a fully functional paroli, FSO team came up with fso milestone 5.5. FSO MS 5.5 will contains everything needed by paroli.
- Bytestore released a nice setting builder script to install the most important configurations for 2008.12
- Momtools-(momtools = MyOpenMoko tools) the idea of this tool is creating an easy-to-use application, allowing the freerunner (gta-02) to connect to wifi and gprs, and add some useful applications such as a slim media-player and a little accelerometers-game. This project now is on progress. You can check this on it's wiki page.
- Enscribi-a new handwriting recognition input method, now it only support writing Japanese and Chinese characters. You can download ipk files and install it on FSO. Then goto "setup" --> "keyboard" --> "enscribi", then you get a Chinese input method. For more inforamtion , you can check : http://olofsj.github.com/enscribi/ .
- OpenMiaoCat, like OpenMooCow, makes your phone became a cat! Simply stroke gently the lovely cat to make it purr!
- Kustomizer-version 0.3 released. Now includes aGPS. Many new apps & fixes. It now gives you two different configurations, see here. Changelog
- Linball-Updates 0.1 version to 0.2 version. Download new version here : http://linball.sf.net/linball-openmoko_0.2_armv4t.opk
- Qwo-Version 0.4 was released on Feb, 7. The changes include :window can be resized dynamically, added Paste, Alt key, page up, down, home, end plus others ...etc. You can download the new version here
- Yaouh!-Version 0.4 is out. This release includes bugfix and add support for multiple wget download , probably faster.
- Paroli-There is packages in fso MS5 openmoko unstable. You can downloads paroli from : http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso- milestone5/feeds//armv4t/paroli_0.2.1+gitr7a2fdc16174258e9276e7c2d80f500b4dd624442- r0_armv4t.ipk
- Guitartune- Version 0.30 released on 16 Feb. Changes include a new GUI, wider range (from A0 to C8) and threaded architecture.
Trick and Tips
- MokoGeocaching Installing-After you install MokoGeocaching , if the app won't even start, you may need to install these dependencies manually (Om2008.12):
opkg install python-netclient python-mime python-netclient
- How to search bugs real quick , instead of using trac.openmoko.org ? You can use the Unofficial search to bugs.openmoko.org. You can type the keyword or bug number on text box , then press "search", the result will list below the text box.
- Openmoko autobuilder is back online. It is generating images for gta01 and gta02 devices. You can check images status on this site :http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/builders/openmoko/. Unstable images will auto generate in http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/ . There are some packages that are failing consistently, Openmoko distribution maintainer is going to try and debug these and send some fixes upstream.
- Openmoko started migrating content from the Om wiki to FLOSS Manuals. Basis for the manual will be derived from Getting Started With Your Neo FreeRunner and Openmoko Developer Guide.
- Wiki news! As per documentation mailing list justification, I reverted my previous revert of main page. People missing the old multitude of links should look at the improved left side navigation choices. I also combined "Openmoko:Community Portal" into "Development resources" and renamed the whole thing to "Community Resources". -Timo
- The second Italian National NeoMeeting @ Milano (13/03/09) [info @ http://wiki.telefoninux.org/doku.php?id=neomeeting]
- A first OM meeting took place in Karlsruhe, a second one is being planned. See Local Groups Section in this wiki.
- An OM meeting took place in Delhi(NCR) India. See Openmoko Delhi Group