Add news to this page, and from time to time we will issue a community update.
Watch these links:
- Git logs: kernel/stable, kernel/stable-tracking, Qtopia/master, Openmoko's OpenEmbedded, uboot/stable, Qi/master
- Mailing lists: hardware, devel, community, kernel, support, SHR devel, FDOM devel
- Project news.
How are newsletters organized elsewhere: http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-October/032628.html
- OpenTTD. An open source clone of the popular Transport Tycoon Deluxe game.
- TwitterMoko O.4. Packaging improvements following suggestions by experienced Debian Dev.
- Gpsdcontrol 0.4. A Python script to turn on/off gpsd and gps antenna from the desktop. Add: icon changes to show GPS system state.
- Koolu's Android git is online at http://git.koolu.org/. Look like this tree is maintained by Brian Code, but then who is Sean McNeil is working for ?
- The Debian wiki page needs (had, CJW?) a good cleanup.
- Android really jumped up in the hit-parade of the most popular pages.
- By popular demand, Openmoko opened a virtual merchandise store online. Everybody is invited to post cool t-shirts design. Profits will go to bounties and other programs to aid the community.
- The FreeRunner is on the cover of December's Linux for You magazine.
- The community is trying out the bounty system at cofundos.org. As a start, there is one offer for the accelerated X driver, but media player, volume control/mixer, wifi network manager have also been discussed. This is still a social experiment. We need help and more discussion to define the bounties and claim conditions more precisely.