Openmoko Wiki Editing Guidelines
Our Openmoko Wiki Editing Guidelines are meant to assist our users in editing this wiki. They try to ensure a somewhat more consistent and organized structure.
- Openmoko is only referring to pure Software (think Openmoko GNU/Linux distribution)
- Neo 1973 is the first hardware device that officially runs Openmoko
- Use "the smartphone" if you refer to a hardware device that could be Neo 1973 but could also be a later version
- If you're adding information (esp. Pages) about the Hardware, keep in mind that the Neo 1973 is only one of the various devices that will run Openmoko. Thus,
- Do not create generic pages like "Battery", rather use "Neo 1973 Battery"
- If it makes sense to have generic pages, use per-device sections and make sure you always link to the Neo 1973 section from other Neo 1973 specific pages
- See this page for a list of other definitive spellings used in the Openmoko project
- The wiki is primarily meant to contain factual information on actual project software, hardware, even though parts might still be under development. Thus,
- If you're adding information about wishlist items (or even more imaginary things), please clearly mark them with a "Wishlist:" prefix in the page title.
- Always make sure that an outside user can clearly distinguish between the actual feature set of the device, and "interesting theoretical plans of what one could do if he had time" :)
As you author new pages or edit existing pages, please add a category at the bottom of the page. Review the existing category list on the Categories page. Adding categories to a page allows the wiki engine to organize the content automagically. If a category does not exist and you think a new one is required then use the category syntax to create a new one.
[[Category:My new category]]
This example shows how both an exsiting category named My new category or a new category called My new category would be created. If you are creating a new category, then be sure to click on the new page like and define what you were thinking should go in this page.
[[:Category:My new category | My new category]]
Moreover, this example shows how you can use a category page as an actual wiki page. Yes you will have to type a few more characters, but your readers will link to an actual page of information with all the other related pages at the bottom!. Here again we are using the wiki engine to perform our indexing and linking for us.
For more help on categories, please see MediaWiki's "Categories" help page.
A list of definitive spellings used throughout the site
- Numbers [0-9]
- (the model name of the first OpenMoko phone)
- (not freerunner or Freerunner)
- (the model name of the 2nd OpenMoko phone)
- MokoMakefile (and it's not a script)
- (the brand name of OpenMoko phones)
- Neo 1973
- (the brand and model name of the first OpenMoko phone)
- (not neo1973 or neo 1973. Note this has changed during the course of the project and a lot of current entries in the Wiki and software are wrong. See [| here] for the official pronouncement as of Feb08)
- Neo FreeRunner
- (the brand and model name of the second OpenMoko phone)
- (not NeoFreeRunner or neo freerunner)
- (the name of the complete software stack)
- (not "OpenMoko" anymore as of March 2008. Note this change means many current entries in the Wiki are wrong - please help to amend!)
- Openmoko Inc
- (the name of the Taiwanese company that manufactures hardware for the project)
- (the community, non-commercial website for the project)
- (the commercial website and webshop of Openmoko Inc)
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català