|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[http://www.openembedded.org/ Open Embedded]
== Master Build Server ==
== Master Build Server ==
Revision as of 10:01, 29 October 2007
更多的信息请查阅网站 Open Embedded。
Master Build Server
There is a master build server, it has the hostname buildhost.openmoko.org. Shell accounts are only available to core developers and the "distribution maintainer", once we have created such a job/task ;)
The idea is that all official images and binary packages (ipk) are built on one machine with a well-defined environment.
Build Process with OpenEmbedded
OE upstream snapshot
We start from an OpenEmbedded snapshot from the official "upstream" aka "Vanilla" OpenEmbedded project. This snapshot contains the BitBake recipes for thousands of packages
OpenMoko OE overlay tree
The overlay tree works in the following way: It gives us the ability to add rules below a seperate directory tree. This means we don't have to edit or add rules to the upstream snapshot, and we always have a clear distinction about what is upstream, and what is our additions to it.
Upstream Source tarballs
When bitbake builds a particular OE package, it downloads the original source code of the upstream project (e.g. Linux kernel) from the web. After downloading it, it applies a series of local patches to it. Those patches are from either the OpenEmbedded#OE_upstream_snapshot, or from the OpenEmbedded#OpenMoko_OE_overlay_tree.
The unpatched source tarballs are available from http://buildhost.openmoko.org/sources/
The content of the build directory is available at
- http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.1/tmp/ (old OpenMoko tree)
- http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/ (new OpenMoko tree)
- Internal caching data, not for human interpretation
- The cross-compilation toolchain used. You can download this and use it on your local machine.
- The filesystem, kernel and bootloader images to be flashed into NAND
- the .ipk packages
- the extracted root filesystem. Please use the images from deploy/images instead
- no user servicable parts inside
- internal state data
- the actual build trees (including patches source code and binaries) of the individual packages
The binary packages of intermediate "unofficial" releases are available at
- http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.1/tmp/deploy/ipk (old OpenMoko tree)
- http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/ipk (new OpenMoko tree)
The snapshots (which have recieved some testing) are available at http://buildhost.openmoko.org/snapshots/
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català