English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
The informations here have been updated for the following release : Koolu Beta2 Android release. But should be the same for any not too old release.
You can find general informations (porting/development and day to day usage) about Android and Neo phones here : Android
Works, can be tested with simple game called Amazed
Works, latest kernels need permissions for second rfkill interface in init.rc to turn it on.
Does not work, GSM get's confused when you try to use it
Sources for libmuxgsm-ril.so not released yet, latest images have binary from ML that works quite fine. The SIM's PIN code cannot be validated. For now disable the PIN code using another phone. Registering on a Network seems to be slow and sometimes doesn't work.
Works, but i have problems with scanning when just one AP is in range, it fails most of the time.
- install "Android Contacts Import" (this applications is also available from AndAppStore)
- export your contact(s) as a vcard file from your contact application
- copy the file to your phone /sdcard/ directory
- on your phone run the ImportContacts application, choose the file you copied and select import. Wait until the phone says x vcards imported
That's it if you don't see your contacts, make sure you selected "view all contacts" in the contacts applications options
Works, Contacts->menu->Settings->SIM contacts importer.
You can copy files to your phone using either
or, from the command line using
- the Android debug bridge to copy files to your phone :
ADBHOST=192.168.0.202 ./adb push file.txt /sdcard/
Can play OGG audio files, picture application crashes
Can't read long SMS messages.
Works, can be brought up with short press to power button.
Waking up your phone might be a little bit tricky at the moment, there are several recipe/hints submitted by different people :
- 1-2s press of power button goes to sleep, wake up with long power button press, don't use screen timeouts, disable it in Settings->Sound & display->Screen timeout->Never timeout.
- Michael Trimarchi's images allow resume from suspend after two short presses. However, sometimes it takes a few tries for the phone to wake up.
- For me resume works best if i long press power until the main screen appears and the short power press that unlocks screen.
- During suspend the phone seems to wake up make an audible click and go back to sleep.
Android doesn't come with an ssh server installed by default. In order to gain shell access without an additional ssh server you can follow the instructions on the Android debug bridge. If you have an ssh server installed, following the general USB Networking guide should do.
USB Host mode
|TODO: If you know how to change the USB mode with Android, please explain it here. (See: To-Do List)|
I bought a mini USB keyboard that for my Neo, if someone has simple directions to use it with android, please explain it here.
USB mass storage
This setting is named "Enable USB mass storage". If you don't find it on Settings -> SD card & phone storage, you have to unhide it with Anycut. Install it then make a new shortcut Activity -> SD Card. Use this new shortcut to activate the option. This is not persistant after a reboot. See also 
Software installation and updates
For initial Android flashing, take a look at: Android on Freerunner
Install new software
Applications are packaged in .apk packages, to install a package (downloaded on your computer) do
./adb install app.apk
After making sure you can talk to your phone using the Android debug bridge
Android Market Place
Currently it is not possible to use the Android Market Place with the Neo Freerunner.
Update software (without reflashing)
Android Debug Bridge
To assist in debugging and to gain shell access to the phone with Android, you can use the instructions found here: Android debug bridge