OpenMoko is an Open Source project with the goal of creating the world's first completely open mobile phone software stack. The project has been founded with that belief that standardization should start from the OpenMoko community verses the normal consortium oriented phone development environment. OpenMoko has two aspects of development. There is the initial FIC Neo1973 hardware platform. OpenMoko is the software stack that runs on this platform. Eventually, OpenMoko will run on all kinds of Linux-capable mobile phones. Please join us in colaborating on the OpenMoko project through any of the project resources including the OpenMoko wiki. Please see the wiki editing help page for information on making contributions to this wiki. A core team of developers from FIC Inc leads the project.
An introduction page is available. The page has both photos and videos available. Moreover, the usual Frequently Asked Questions, FAQ, page might be helpful. Developers may find the daily software change log an important resource.
OpenMoko Areas of Interest
- Basic End-user - Information for end users that want basic functionality and no surprises
- Advanced End-user - Information for advanced end-users that want advanced and experimental functionality but who are not programmers
- Project Resources page provides a centralized location of all resources such as mailing lists, communication tools, and other software development oriented resources.
- Application Developer - Information for application developers including ideas and specifications for applications, and tools to build them
- System Developer - Information for the system developer including bootloader, kernel, and libraries
- Hardware Developer - Information for the hardware developer including hardware specs, and debug board
- Community Events - Information on both past and future events where FIC or OpenMoko had or will have a presence.
- Getting Started with your Neo1973
- Building OpenMoko using the MokoMakefile
- Building OpenMoko from scratch
- Migration to bad block tolerant builds
- Getting Openmoko working on host with Xoo
- Booting from SD
Hardware Reference Documentation
- All Hardware related documentation and specifications are found on the Hardware page.
- The Neo1973 Hardware page provides an overview of the hardware components used by the Neo1973 hardware platform. PCB Photographs are also included. An interesting photo disassemble story may be an interesting starting place.
- Neo1973 Hardware Debugging is assisted with the Neo1973 debug board. A page discussing debug board and Neo1973 configurations are also provided.
Software Reference Documentation
- OpenMokoFramework - The OpenMoko Application Framework
- Host utilities
- dfu-util - A USB DFU (Device Firmware Update) host program
- devirginator - A set of scripts to re-program the entire device and last-resort phone un-bricking
- Toolchain - The toolchain we use for compilation
- Neo1973 OpenOCD - The On-Chip Debugger we use for development
- OpenEmbedded - The distribution building framework
- Device Software
User Interface Related
Misc. Development Related
- PIM Storage
- Coding Guidelines
- Higher level language options
- How to run OpenMoko Apps on PC
- OpenMoko under QEMU
- How to setup the OpenMoko SDK
- License - How we license our code
- Development resources - Describes the resources (lists, svn, ...)
- Neo1973 Phase 0 -- Information for Phase 0 device owners
- Wishlist:Neo1973 P0 Review -- Impressions of Phase 0 hardware device, also Phase 0 FAQ
Administrative / Organizational
- Shipping Notes - Information to help FIC how to ship products to you
- My Account - Ideas for what sort of account based services FIC should provide with the phone.
- WiFi support in OpenMoko - Or rather the lack thereof
- Neo1973 and Windows - If you want to commit that offence ;) (does not work, help!)
- Press Coverage - What the press says about the OpenMoko project
- mFAQ - The OpenMoko Misinformation FAQ (mFAQ) - What the press incorrectly says about the OpenMoko project
- Wish List - A collection of ideas and ideals we'd like to see implemented some day
- Wish List - Hardware - A collection of ideas we'd like to see in the next Neo release
- Media Content - What types of media on the device can we use (that is non-software)?
- Testimonials - How did you get to OpenMoko?
- Buying Interest List - (Not official and not a pre-order page) Have you have put money aside for Neo1973? Put your nick here.
- iPhone - Comparison between Apple iPhone and FIC Neo1973
- Translation - Translation of OpenMoko
- Summer of code - Our page with project applications for Googles Summer of Code
English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català