English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
Released 2009-02-02 and for sure has some bugs and could be done better so be careful when running - but it still might make your life a little easier :)!
You've been warned!
The script is licensed with GPLv2 licence. The applications that it installs around the Net might have other licences, check the original sites for more information.
It installs apps from the default repositories as well as from opkg.org and some other sources across the Internet. Some would call the result a new distribution, to me it's just 2008.12 + some apps the script installs. You decide :)
Originally it was written to make it easy to try some apps after a clean installation for opkg.org application tests (review part one, review part two) and 'recover' easily after that but in the end it became a script that might be useful for others, too.
If you have some issues (WSOD / BSOD / wlan connecting only once / etc) with 2008.12 this will not fix those!
Make sure there's nothing too important on your memory card or flash memory!! - BACKUPS!!! Installing 2008.12 will wipe the rootfs partition (=all your data in the phone excl. memory card) but tries to leave you memory card alone.
It's more or less all the time under development and not very throughly tested so you might have to do some manual work after the installation to get everything up and running. Some packages fail to install for mysterious reasons (segfault, missing dependencies, md5sum mismatch, ...).
Script is available at http://www.kurppa.fi/freerunner/kustomizer
Here's the instructions what to do on your desktop to flash to 2008.12 and then what to do on Freerunner (over SSH!) to run the script.
## ON DESKTOP COMPUTER (written for Ubuntu 8.10 and newer)
## PREPARE # install required packages: # a) run: sudo apt-get install dfu-util bind9 # dfu-util is also available from http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.9/dfu-util
## FLASH # for more details, see http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_Freerunner # download the required image files # b) run: wget http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.12/Om2008.12-om-gta02.uImage.bin & wget http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.12/Om2008.12-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2 # c) Connect your freerunner to the computer with the USB cable # d) start your Freerunner holding the AUX button down to get to the NOR menu # e) run: sudo time dfu-util -a kernel -R -D Om2008.12-om-gta02.uImage.bin # f) run: sudo time dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D Om2008.12-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2 # g) Start & restart Freerunner to be able to log in over USB ssh # h) Go to 'Settings' and change 'Suspend' to 'off' or Freerunner will suspend and the installation will fail.
## CONNECT # Connect over usb-ssh with shared internet connection # Don't run the script on Freerunner's screen! It can be done but not recommended if you don't know what you're doing. # Download a script to help you & change the permission # i) run: wget http://www.kurppa.fi/freerunner/fr_bind && chmod 755 fr_bind # j) run: ./fr_bind # k) First it asks for your Ubuntu -password to restart the interface & bind9 - type it in # l) After this it asks for Freerunner password - it's empty, just hit Enter # For more details check http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Usb_networking#Ubuntu_8.10_-_Easy_Way
## FREERUNNER # 1) Make sure you've turned 'Suspend' to 'off' in the Settings. # 2) Make sure you can SSH in over USB so that Freerunner has Internet connection (ping google.com?) # 3) run: http://www.kurppa.fi/freerunner/kustomizer && chmod 755 kustomizer # 4) run: ./kustomizer # On the first run it will install some stuff and then restart (to stop the qpe-bug). Then you need to repeat 2) and 4) and it'll install the rest
Let the author ( risto at kurppa dot fi ) know how did it go! You might not receive any help but it helps to develop the script further. If possible, please attach the log.
What does it do?
Here are some things it does. It doesn't include all and some might be listed here that for some reason are not included at the moment.
Fixes & things
* Prevents gpe from scanning your µSD card (this uses all CPU power..) * Illume-theme & Raster's keyboard with disabled dropshadow * Wrench & QWERTY buttons * Opkg.org repository added * Finnish/Swedish Illume keyboard layout and Finnish dictionary * GPRS settings * Fixed gsmhandset.state * Freerunner-optimized Navit config XML. Preconfigured to use the map or Europe in /media/card/Maps/navit/europe.navit.bin
Things that will be installed from your µSD card in /media/card. If these don't exist, it's okay, they'll just then not be available for you to use.
* /m/c/scripts.tar.gz - your own scripts that will be extracted to /home/root/scripts. This will directory be added to the path (in /etc/profile) * /m/c/Maps will be symlinked from /home/root/Maps * /m/c/Maps/navit/europe.navit.bin preconfigured in Navit config * /m/c/Maps/navit/bookmarks.txt and destinations.txt copied to /home/root/.navit
Applications / Internet
* Midori * Minimo * Dillo-ssl * CenterIM * Pidgin * Wireshark
Applications / GPS
* Navit * GPSsight * Yaouh * GPSdcontrol * Orrery * Mumpot * TangoGPS
Applications / Config
* Mokoservices * Modified .Tap/Untap * ZOMG * ShortOM * Usbmode * AppManager * Sortdesk
Applications / Games
* OpenTTD * Duke3D * Numptyphysics * OpenMooCow * ScummVM * XMahjongg * Pingus * Pong * XScat * Liquidwar * Cellhunter * Xlogical * Moko-eightball * Ko-Dice
Applications / Misc
* Bunch of required libraries * Fourier * Remoko * Guitartune * MokoConv * Gwaterpas * Neon * Meooem * Mokox48 calculator * Ledclock * Qwo -keyboard * Mtpaint * Vala-terminal * Fbreader * Openmoko-mediaplayer * Omoney * Ffalarms
If you have some ideas of improvements please let the author know (see above). I'm not planning to create rootfs images or anything huge but there are some things that I'd like to see kustomizer do. Check the script for the current TODO.
Development version: http://kurppa.fi/freerunner/kustomizer_devel Development install log: http://kurppa.fi/freerunner/kustomizer_devel_log_20090202.txt
Bug tracker can be found in the talk page: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Talk:Kustomizer
If someone is interested and willing to work on this please contact Risto H. Kurppa ( risto at kurppa dot fi ). Moving to projects.openmoko is possible.
Check the script file itself.
- copy all the cool features from other distros and best apps from opkg.org :) No.. There's no roadmap. Fix things when they break or something. TODO is in the file itself