English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
WORK IN PROGRESS HERE!!
Kustomizer is a GPLv2 -licensed script that converts your Openmoko phone with OM 2008.12 distribution into a usable phone/pda/toy/something. It installs apps from the default repositories as well as from opkg.org and some other sources across the Internet. Some would call the result a new distribution, to me it's just 2008.12 + some apps the script installs. You decide :)
Originally it was written to make it easy to try some apps after a clean installation for opkg.org application tests (review part one, review part two) and 'recover' easily after that but in the end it became a script that might be useful for others, too.
Make sure there's nothing too important on your memory card or flash memory!! - BACKUPS!!! Installing 2008.12 will wipe the rootfs partition (=all your data in the phone excl. memory card) but tries to leave you memory card alone.
It's more or less all the time under development so you might have to do some manual work after the installation to get everything up and running. Some packages fail to install for mysterious reasons (segfault, missing dependencies, md5sum mismatch, ...).
Download from (will be announced later)
Installation instructions will be added also later.
What does it do?
Here are some things it does. It doesn't include all and some might be listed here that for some reason are not included at the moment.
Fixes & things
* Prevents gpe from scanning your µSD card (this uses all CPU power..) * Illume-theme & Raster's keyboard with disabled dropshadow * Wrench & QWERTY buttons * Opkg.org repository added * Finnish/Swedish Illume keyboard layout and Finnish dictionary * GPRS settings * Fixed gsmhandset.state * Freerunner-optimized Navit config XML. Preconfigured to use the map or Europe in /media/card/Maps/navit/europe.navit.bin
Things that will be installed from your µSD card in /media/card
If these don't exist, it's okay, they'll just then not be available for you to use.
* /m/c/scripts.tar.gz - your own scripts to /home/root/scripts. This will be added to the path (in /etc/profile) * /m/c/Maps will be symlinked from /home/root/Maps * /m/c/Maps/navit/europe.navit.bin preconfigured in Navit config * /m/c/Maps/navit/bookmarks.txt and destinations.txt copied to /home/root/.navit
Applications / Internet
* Midori * Minimo * Dillo-ssl * CenterICQ * Pidgin * Wireshark
Applications / GPS
* Navit * GPSsight * Yaouh * GPSdcontrol * Orrery * Mumpot * TangoGPS
Applications / Config
* Mokoservices * Modified .Tap/Untap * ZOMG * ShortOM * Usbmode * AppManager * Sortdesk
Applications / Games
* OpenTTD * Duke3D * Numptyphysics * OpenMooCow * ScummVM * XMahjongg * Pingus * Pong * XScat * Liquidwar * Cellhunter * Xlogical * Moko-eightball * Ko-Dice
Applications / Misc
* Bunch of required libraries * Fourier * Remoko * Guitartune * MokoConv * Gwaterpas * Neon * Meooem * Mokox48 calculator * Ledclock * Qwo -keyboard * Mtpaint * Vala-terminal * Fbreader * Openmoko-mediaplayer * Omoney * Ffalarms
If you have some ideas of improvements please let the author know (see above). I'm not planning to create rootfs images or anything huge but there are some things that I'd like to see kustomizer do. Check the script for the current TODO.
At the moment the most important things to fix are:
# disable suspend in the beginning of the installation!!! (HOW TO DO THIS??!!!) # make meooem and gpsdcontrol work (or drop sortdesk..?)
If someone is interested and willing to work on this, moving to projects.openmoko is possible.
At the moment there isn't one, you better check the file itself.
- copy all the cool features from other distros and cool apps from opkg.org :)