|Speculations: This article or section documents a device that is not yet confirmed formally and the device (if even released) may differ from the specifications given here. This page is based on well educated guesses, not facts.|
- There is a new mailing list dedicated to the early adopters of this project: http://lists.goldelico.com/mailman/listinfo/gta04-owner
- general discussions should be continued on the Openmoko Community lists: http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community
The codename GTA04 was picked up in 2010 by Golden Delicious Computers to develop a new motherboard for our open smartphone that follows the original idea and goals.
There is a new project page: http://www.gta04.org, which houses the wiki specific to the GTA04 project at Golden Delicious.
Year 2011: GTA04A3 (Early Adopter)
The GTA04A3 was released and shipped 10. october 2011.
GTA04A3 is a new motherboard, that replaces the one inside your Neo1973/Freerunner. It reuses the case, the battery and the display. GTA04A3 features (source):
- TI OMAP 3730 DCBB (800 MHz) (compatible to )
- integrated graphics - POWERVR SGX Graphics Accelerator of OMAP3730
- 512MB RAM/512MB NAND (Micron 8Gb DDR/NAND PoP Memory)
- Wi2Wi WLAN/Bluetooth module + antenna
- GTM601W UMTS module
- GPS module + antenna switch
- LIS302 (accelerometer)
- LSM303 (compass and accelerometer)
- ITG3200 (gyroscope)
- BMP085 (barometric altimeter)
- BMA180 (accelerometer)
- Si4721 or Si4705 (FM transceiver)
The early adopter program was available at: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04-Early-Adopter
Year 2010: GTA04A2
The GTA04A2 was the result of integrating GTA04A1/Openmoko Beagle Hybrid all onto a single PCB.
GTA04A2 was presented at FOSDEM 2011.
Year 2010: Golden Delicious Computers Openmoko Beagle Hybrid GTA04
Golden Delicious Computers has been secretly working on a OMAP3530 based project that apparently has the same target as Openmoko's GTA04 did have. The first result was announced in 2010 Openmoko Beagle Hybrid aka GTA04A1.
Year 2008: Openmoko Inc. GTA04
GTA04 was the codename of a phone that was whose development was canceled (within Openmoko, Inc.). For more information about other phones in development, visit Phone Development. This phone would have been based on a different system-on-a-chip.
The GTA04 would have been a GTA03 but with a major hardware revision
- USB 2.0 would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- 3G would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- Based on a more advanced SoC
- maybe based on the samsung 6400 or 6410
- integrated graphics
- Sean put a hiring on the community and devel list, see here so there will be OpenGL Es and the 6410 eventually
- there had been meetings in April 2008 within Openmoko - see