|Speculations: This article or section documents a device that is not yet confirmed formally and the device (if even released) may differ from the specifications given here. This page is based on well educated guesses, not facts.|
- There is a new mailing list dedicated to the early adopters of this project: http://lists.goldelico.com/mailman/listinfo/gta04-owner
- general discussions should be continued on the Openmoko Community lists: http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community
The codename GTA04 was picked up in 2010 by Golden Delicious Computers to develop a new motherboard for our open smartphone that follows the original idea and goals.
GTA04A3 (Early Adopter)
The GTA04A3 was released between 10-13 october.
GTA04A3 is a new motherboard, that replaces the one inside your Neo1973/Freerunner. It reuses the case, the battery and the display. GTA04A3 features might be:
- TI OMAP 3730 DCBB (800 MHz) (compatible to )
- integrated graphics - POWERVR SGX Graphics Accelerator of OMAP3730
- 512MB RAM/512MB NAND (Micron 8Gb DDR/NAND PoP Memory)
- Option GTM601W UMTS module
- Wi2Wi WLAN/Bluetooth module + antenna
- GPS module + antenna switch
- LIS302 (accelerometer)
- LSM303 (compass and accelerometer)
- ITG3200 (gyroscope)
- BMP085 (barometric altimeter)
- Si4721 (FM transceiver)
Development samples are scheduled to become available around FOSDEM 2011.
There is a new project page: http://www.gta04.org, which houses the wiki specific to the GTA04 project at Golden Delicious.
An early adopter program was available at: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04-Early-Adopter
Year 2011: Golden Delicious Computers Openmoko Beagle Hybrid GTA04
Golden Delicious Computers has been secretly working on a OMAP3530 based project that apparently has the same target as Openmoko's GTA04 did have. The first result was announced in 2010 Openmoko Beagle Hybrid aka GTA04A1.
The next GTA04 was the result of integrating that all onto a single PCB aka GTA04A2.
Year 2008: Openmoko Inc. GTA04
GTA04 was the codename of a phone that was whose development was canceled (within Openmoko, Inc.). For more information about other phones in development, visit Phone Development. This phone would have been based on a different system-on-a-chip.
The GTA04 would have been a GTA03 but with a major hardware revision
- USB 2.0 would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- 3G would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- Based on a more advanced SoC
- maybe based on the samsung 6400 or 6410
- integrated graphics
- Sean put a hiring on the community and devel list, see here so there will be OpenGL Es and the 6410 eventually
- there had been meetings in April 2008 within Openmoko - see