|Speculations: This article or section documents a device that is not yet confirmed formally and the device (if even released) may differ from the specifications given here. This page is based on well educated guesses, not facts.|
The codename GTA04 was picked up in 2010 by Golden Delicious Computers to develop a new motherboard for our open smartphone that follows the original idea and goals.
Which to expect? A new motherboard, that replaces the one inside your Neo1973/Freerunner. It will reuse the case, the battery and the display. Features:
- TI OMAP 3530 DCBB (600/720/; maybe DM3730 with 1GHz) (compatible to )
- integrated graphics - POWERVR SGX Graphics Accelerator of OMAP3530
- Micron DDR/NAND PoP Memory
- Option GTM601W UMTS module
- Wi2Wi WLAN/Bluetooth module + antenna
- GPS module + antenna switch
- LIS302 (accelerometer)
- LSM303 (compass and accelerometer)
- ITG3200 (gyroscope)
- BMP085 (barometric altimeter)
- Si4721 (FM transceiver)
Development samples are scheduled to become available around FOSDEM 2011.
There is a new project page: http://www.gta04.org, which houses the wiki specific to the GTA04 project at Golden Delicious.
An early adopter program is available at: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04-Early-Adopter
Year 2011: Golden Delicious Computers Openmoko Beagle Hybrid GTA04
Golden Delicious Computers has been secretly working on a OMAP3530 based project that apparently has the same target as Openmoko's GTA04 did have. The first result was announced in 2010 Openmoko Beagle Hybrid.
The "new" GTA04 is the result of integrating that all onto a single PCB.
Year 2008: Openmoko Inc. GTA04
GTA04 was the codename of a phone that was whose development was canceled (within Openmoko, Inc.). For more information about other phones in development, visit Phone Development. This phone would have been based on a different system-on-a-chip.
The GTA04 would have been a GTA03 but with a major hardware revision
- USB 2.0 would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- 3G would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- Based on a more advanced SoC
- maybe based on the samsung 6400 or 6410
- integrated graphics
- Sean put a hiring on the community and devel list, see here so there will be OpenGL Es and the 6410 eventually
- there had been meetings in April 2008 within Openmoko - see