|Speculations: This article or section documents a device that is not yet confirmed formally and the device (if even released) may differ from the specifications given here. This page is based on well educated guesses, not facts.|
The codename GTA04 was apparently picked up in 2010 by Golden Delicious Computers to develop a new open smartphone that follows the original idea and goals.
Although there isn't much information yet, which features can we expect?
- TI OMAP3530 (compatible to )
- 3G (UMTS, HSPA)
- integrated graphics - POWERVR SGX Graphics Accelerator of OMAP3530
- WLAN, Bluetooth
- FM Transceiver
- Accelerometer, Compass, Barometer, Gyroscope
- full OTG (High-Speed USB 2.0 with Client & Host mode)
- camera (optional)
- new motherboard that fits into existing Freerunner case
Available: in 2011
There is a new project page: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/
Early Adopter Program: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04-Early-Adopter
GTA04 was the codename of a phone that was whose development was canceled (within Openmoko, Inc.). For more information about other phones in development, visit Phone Development. This phone would have been based on a different system-on-a-chip.
The GTA04 would have been a GTA03 but with a major hardware revision
- USB 2.0 would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- 3G would be added on the GTA04 at the earliest
- Based on a more advanced SoC
- maybe based on the samsung 6400 or 6410
- integrated graphics
- Sean put a hiring on the community and devel list, see here so there will be OpenGL Es and the 6410 eventually
- there had been meetings in April 2008 within Openmoko - see 
Openmoko Beagle Hybrid
Golden Delicious Computers has been secretly working on a OMAP3530 based project that apparently has the same target as Openmoko's GTA04 did have. The first result was announced in 2010 Openmoko Beagle Hybrid.
The "new" GTA04 is the result of integrating that all onto a single PCB.