(clean up for release)
m (correction - →Application Updates)
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
Revision as of 16:18, 17 April 2010
Period 2010-03-01 to 2010-03-31
Debian (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian) is a universal operating system used on many other embedded devices, and also on home computers. Using Debian on the FreeRunner gives access to the Huge army of software packaged in the Debian repositories, already compiled for the Neo's arm(v4) processor. Moreover, one can build one's own source files for programs without having to learn the OpenEmbedded way. For an existing Debian/Ubuntu user, choosing Debian for Neo FreeRunner makes phone a very familiar, trustworthy and flexible place to hack in.
Offline dictionary reader made in C with Enlightenment Elementary UI
Stopwatch and Timer
|Bright Player 0.3
Quick and easy music player
An application to turn your phone into a flashlight
A light weight mp3 player/frontend for Ampache .
SpojeGUI is GUI program which use CLI program/modul spoje.py which is used mainly for Czech and Slovak transport.
Pisi is an application for synchronizing PIM data. Fixes for bugs from the mailing list have made it into the release. Major feature is syncml support; however, on my SHR-T this still causes seg faults due to problems with a libxml library.
Most important and change making mails on the mailing lists, blogs etc.. Coolest hacks, screenshots, themes etc..
- Golden Delicious Computers is now also offering a Bass-Rework = Headset Audio Quality Enhancement available in EU (http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg58552.html, http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1723&p=17279&hilit=bass+fix#p17251). Details can be found at: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Bass-Rework So they now offer professional solutions to all three most critical hardware bugs (Buzz_Fix, 1024, GTA02_bass_fix).
- ”My Debian” is Timo Jyrinki's little project to help newcomers to Debian on FreeRunner to enhance their Debian experience and learn more about available software and configuration options. More on his home page at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:TimoJyrinki
- QtMoko, a Debian derivative with Qt Extended Improved manually laid on top of it, has had its FAQ (http://qtmoko.org/wiki/FAQ) started by Risto H. Kurppa. QtMoko is developed by Radek Polak.
- Openmobility conference will be on 2010-04-24 in Zlin, CZ.
- Openmoko Stammtisch München, Germany "2010-04-12" 19:00 at "Die Wildsau, Balanstraße 121" (see http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1744&p=17363&hilit=stammtisch+april for changes)