(→Application Updates: =preparing for release)
(→New Applications: =fixed: TestedOn OM2009->OM2009T5)
|Line 106:||Line 106:|
Revision as of 19:43, 2 September 2009
|Need improvement: This article or section needs improving. Feel free to add content.|
Period 2009-08-19 to 2009-09-02
QT moko is debian distribution for Openmoko Freerunner phone. Phone and user interface is based on QT Extendeded formerly known as Qtopia. As for the speed, this image is finally fast and responsive and i think it's very usable. This time I will leave testing on you - hopefully nothing nasty crept in. If you wonder where are V7 images - they do not exist. Credits to everybody who helped with this release. Changes from previous version:
|Advanced Geocaching Tool for Linux 0.1.2
AGTL makes geocaching paperless! It downloads cache locations in the area visible on the map including their description, hints, difficulty levels and images. Searching for caches in your local db is a matter of seconds. The currently selected cache is shown on the map (and also all the others if you want) and there's a traditional compass-like view that always points at the cache. A manual exists on the wiki.
SpojeGUI is GUI program which use CLI program/modul spoje.py which is used mainly for Czech and Slovak transport.
QNavitCtl is a Qt application to send destination or position to Navit via dbus or center the map.
Evopedia is a Wikipedia reader for offline use. Features include:
Launcher is a homepage / launcher app (written in c, using elementary and sqlite) that has the following main features
PyRadio is TUI program in python for receiver stream of internet radio.
- After some deliberation and input from the community Angus Ainslie decided to stop maintaining Om2009 and start work on getting Paroli to co-exist in SHR. General instructions on how to run Paroli in SHR are on the Paroli wiki page.
- There was a poll about the most popular distribution and boot loader amongst the people who read the mailing lists, are somehow community-active users, or just answered the poll. Most likely this is not reality amongst all users but shows where the majority of the community-active people are. Polls are still open for voting, thus if you want to show developers what is your favourite distribution, do not hesitate and take a vote for your favourite distro or bootloader! Otherwise your favourite distro might loose contributors! Current results show that
- the most popular distro is SHR (over 6 times more users than the Openmoko distributions, followed by Debian Hackable:1 and Android)
- The most popular bootloader is QI (over 2 times more users than uBoot)
- Qalee started new website on http://www.qalee.org/.
- On Apr 20th, IDA Systems had announced buzz fix for Indian customers. Exact date of buzz fix is not known yet... These days there has been some activity regarding the same. Currently, the situation is totally unplanned. Please follow this mail to get more information. We think there would be more users of FR that want this fix done in India. Please reply on the mentioned email thread as well(avoid using nabble).
- Czech Openmoko community portal http://www.openmoko.cz is in preparation. Suggestions, volunteers and editors are welcome. Czech and Slovak community members please help open this newcomers website, information and collaboration place. Feel free to join to our Jabber conference at firstname.lastname@example.org.