Period 2009-07-24 to 2009-08-06
GSM/GPS logger. Help us to build a free database and map of GSM cells coverage. Focus: quality of data. Check how your area is covered at http://realtimeblog.free.fr/with_osm4.php
- Drdeath is working on implementing a true electronic compass for the FR based on the Honeywell HMC5843 geological magnetometer chip. You can monitor the progress of this project as well as place (non-binding) pre-orders on the I2C Compass Wiki Page.
- The freesmartphone.org core-team founds a BGB company to facilitate the further development of free and open source middleware for Linux-based mobile systems: "Lauer, Lübbe, Schmidt, Willmann, freesmartphone.org GbR". This legal entity is offering consulting, training, and implementation services around the freesmartphone.org middleware platform, also known as FSO. They now have a single point of contact for both commercial and non-commercial parties who want to use our services to create compelling solutions. You can read full announcement on lists.openmoko.org
- Paul Fertser created Battery_Questions_and_Answers wiki page with answers to most popular battery-related questions. If you wonder about your battery replacement, what can it do or what it can not, this is the right place to start looking information
- SHR logo contest has just started! Logos need to be under a license that allows SHR team to use them. Source svg (or whatever file) besides a nice .png as well is also needed. Preliminary deadline of the contest is end of September 2009. There will be no montetary prices, but you'll get praise and your design will be seen on millions, ehh, thousands, ehh, well maybe on dozens of phones every day... ;)
- There is an ongoing effort to create SHR User Manual. It is being written as part of cofundus project. Of course you are welcome to help writing this manual.
- Matteo Bertozzi just released the 1st developer release of Moko Touch Project. In the past months he played a bit with OpenMoko and QtEmbedded and he has released some source code that allows to develop application using this Framework. You can try it using the Simulator included in the source code. The Project is just started and the source code contains just the UI Framework that handle touches, accelerometer and gestures and the Homescreen app, that allows you to run apps. Also the source code tree contains various example app where you can learn how to write your apps. A simple video preview of what is done can be viewed here