Wish List - Hardware - Atmospheric
|Hardware wishes warning! This article or section documents a Hardware Wish List item, the features described here may or may not be implemented in future devices.|
Add a digital barometer (pressure sensor), which could also be used as altimeter (height sensor), thermometer and hygrometer (humidity sensor).
- An integrated link to online weather services would make for a fine fully functional world thermometer and weather forecaster. Visual Interface could be very nice if show as an old fashion meter next to an alpha numeric display of info.
- Altimeter, much more detailed than the GPS data. If the current pressure at sea level is downloaded from a weather site it could even be very accurate. In theory it would even be possible to enhance the accuracy of the GPS if the height is known (one degree of freedom less).
- Variometer, could be software based dependant on the altimeter data (and maybe also on accelerometer data for more detail). See also Variometer.
- Added value for the accelerometers, as the altimeter has a RMS of 25 cm the difference between arms low and arms high could clearly be measured.
- Bosch SMD500 digital pressure sensor: altimeter and barometer, 2.2 - 3.6V, I2C interface, 5 x 5 x 1.5 mm, included temperature sensor
- Sensirion SHT1x digital humidity sensor, 2.4 - 5.5V, I2C like interface, 5 x 7.5 mm, included temperature sensor
Both are quite small and have a low power usage. The pressure sensor has more uses than the humidity sensor, and has a real I2C interface instead of the not fully I2C compatible interface of the SHT1x, so should be given more priority. (IMHO PTT 23:56, 14 August 2007 (CEST))