|Outdated warning ! This article or section is significantly outdated, either by significant hardware or software changes. Procedures mentioned in this page may well not work for current hardware/software.|
The WM8976 is a stereo audio codec with speaker driver.
|NOTE: It is used in the prototype generations GTA01v3 and GTA01v4, but not in any released hardware revision, where it was replaced by the WM8753.|
It supports various sample rates (8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48kHz) and features a five-band equalizer as well as 3-D stereo enhancement.
The configuration in the GTA01 is like this:
- IIS and I2C connected to S3C2410
- LOUT2/ROUT2 connected to stereo amplifier (integrated speakers)
- OUT3 connected to GSM Modem Audio input
- LIP/LIN (differential Microphone input) connected to Microphone
- AUXL/AUXR connected to GSM Modem Audio output (EARPiece)