It is good that you try to make better categorization. But you need to think about how you are doing it. You need to do it in a more constructive way.
The goal of categorization changes is to improve the current categorization.
One way that should be better is to ensure that articles is removed/recategorized better, before you mark a category for deletion. (see category:Information).
You have removed a number of categories from Category:openmoko e.g.:
- Category:Hardware Support - Please read the description: "Hardware that supports Openmoko.".
- Category:OM2007.2 - Please read the description: "Pages related to the OM2007.2 distribution / image / software stack go in the OM2007.2 category." OM is short for Openmoko.
- Category:Applications - "Applications for Openmoko. These includes applications that are not yet developed."
- Category:Application Developer - "Application Developer" includes the applications used to develop Openmoko applications.
- Category:Customization - This category was for articles about Openmoko customization.
Please do not only focus on the category name - please read the description, member articles - as a whole and think carefully before a big category change.
Then please recategorize member article before:
- deletion request - it is not good practice to request a deletion of a category full of articles.
- removal of category (with the intention of making the category consistent - before changing categorization meaning)
I know that that most have been critics untill now - here are some things you did that I think are good category changes:
This discussion was made with the primary intent of making a better Openmoko wiki.
--Glenn 19:59, 1 August 2008 (UTC)