Talk:Openmoko Wiki Editing Guidelines
What about categories? I think categories like 'wishlist', 'software development', 'hardware' would be neat. --Minime 13:52, 19 February 2007 (CET)
I like most of the guidelines.
I am not too happy about the Wishlist part, though. Putting "wishlist" in the title will imply that an idea can only have 2 states: Being on the wishlist or not. And that is not the case.
It is a continuum where an idea progresses from being just a wild idea to being a rock solid application.
I agree it should be clear from a page what stage this idea is in:
- Is this merely dreaming that is impossible in current hardware (Then it should clearly state in the start of the page that this is merely dreaming)
- Is this merely dreaming that is possible in current hardware?
- Is this a complete specification but with no implementation?
- Is this a specification with a prototype implementation?
- Is this implemented and tested but still not stable?
- Is this stable and ready for consumer use?
Also some of the pages will include ideas that have parts that could be implemented now, but that contains advanced options that requires, say, WiFi.
Could we have a section on each page that indicated its state? --OleTange 14:58, 20 February 2007 (CET)