ZOMG! is a graphical package manager similar to assassin, but contrary to assassin it is not limited to Om2008.x and it features full package management (Beta version! tested on Om2008.9). It's written in Java, so the startup time is... well you know.
- Search for packages (in name and description)
- Update package database
- Upgrade System
- "Detailed" command line ouptut (standard verbosity level)
- As finger friendly as the om-gtk-theme can be ;)
ZOMG! needs an internet connection to install applications for the repositories. This can be done via WiFi, USB, GPRS or Bluetooth.
- To install packages hit the + button which will display the installer tab, from where you can search the database, choose a package and (if necessary) apply some command line options by ticking the chackboxes. Finally hit Install
- To remove hit the - button -> same as installer tab
- To perform an opkg upgrade hit the upgrade button.
- An opkg update can be done via hitting the update button displayed at the info screen
First beta Tested on Om 2008.x - works! Yay!
- Fixes one annoying bug
- speeds up the whole thing due to optimized code
NOTE: ZOMG! must be already installed to make the update work!
just replace zomg.jar with this one:
wget http://jmccloud.jm.funpic.de/zomg.jar rm /usr/share/zomg/zomg.jar mv zomg.jar /usr/share/zomg/zomg.jar
- More bugs Fixed
- Major overall code optimization
- Tested on JamVM... fast as HELL
- Shellscript doesn't care anymore if you are using JamVM or Cacao - will use whichever is linked to /usr/bin/java
*To update simply re-run the installer script as described further down.
Packaged into an ipk package for *almost* hands-free installation.
opk can be downloaded here
Will be made available when i finished optimizing and cleaning the code.
It's i still in development and the code is rather nasty, so it is slow and pretends not to know anything about object oriented programming. give me some time to fix it...
Dependencies: jamvm is a dependency, since it is much faster than cacao