ZOMG! is a graphical package manager similar to assassin, but contrary to assassin it is not limited to Om2008.x and it features full package management (Beta version! tested on Om2008.9). It's written in Java, so the startup time is... well you know.
- Search for packages (in name and description)
- Update package database
- Upgrade System
- "Detailed" command line ouptut (standard verbosity level)
- As finger friendly as the om-gtk-theme can be
(till i have made an *.opk) cacao, classpath, classpath-gtk
ZOMG! needs an internet connection to install applications for the repositories. This can be done via WiFi, USB, GPRS or Bluetooth.
- To install packages hit the + button which will display the installer tab, from where you can search the database, choose a package and (if necessary) apply some command line options by ticking the chackboxes. Finally hit Install
- To remove hit the - button -> same as installer tab
- To perform an opkg upgrade hit the upgrade button.
- An opkg update can be done via hitting the update button displayed at the info screen
wget http://jmccloud.jm.funpic.de/inst_zomg.sh chmod +x inst_zomg.sh sh ./inst_zomg.sh
Will be made available when i finished optimizing the code.
It's i still in development and the code is rather nasty, so it is slow and pretends not to know anything about object oriented programming. give me some time to fix it - currently i have none. not even to pack it into an opk package. If someone wants to do it, please do it! (control-file is available @ )