Current version supports input using on screen keyboard. You can also use Bluetooth keyboards and with (battery) powered USB hub can also use USB keyboards.
Near computer can also use networking over Bluetooth or USB and then ssh into device or run X11 programs remotely and thus use whatever input possibilities other computer supports.
|Wishes warning! This article or section documents one or more OpenMoko Wish List items, the features described here may or may not be implemented in the future.|
New input methods
- Another text input
- Dasher (Wikipedia link)
- Finger splash (Idea presented on OpenMoko community mailing list)
- MessagEaseST (YouTube demo)
- Morse Code
- Shape Writing
- Werner Almesberger's finger input suggestion (Draft layout as pdf)
Patented input methods
Other ways to enter text
- Once there is hardware with multi-touch screen support, gesturing with 2-3 fingers might offer interesting possibilities.
- Use voice to dictate text