(Difference between revisions)
m (Wishlist:Speech synthesis moved to Wishlist/Speech synthesis: Replacing 'Wishlist:' with 'Wishlist/')
Latest revision as of 13:26, 31 August 2008
|Wishes warning! This article or section documents one or more OpenMoko Wish List items, the features described here may or may not be implemented in the future.|
Openmoko would benefit from a built-in speech synthesis library.
- eSpeak looks like a good candidate, and is around 700k (is this big for speech synthesis libs?)
- Festival is Open Source and sounds OK - it is the code behind weather radio in the US.
- Speak the caller's name while playing the ringtone. The advantage of knowing who's calling without having to set up custom tones for each phone book entry. This works really well on modern Nokias.
- Auto read sms messages when using a headset (ie when driving)
- Human screening, Answering Machine, or a generic audio menu used by those applications.
- Paste text into phone call.