Wishlist/Location based reminders
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Revision as of 12:42, 14 March 2007
|Wishes warning! This article or section documents one or more OpenMoko Wish List items, the features described here may or may not be implemented in the future.|
Location based reminders
This feature may be related (and integrated with) Wishlist:context_based_to-do_list. The idea is to notify the user of certain events based on their location, direction, or other location related information.
- I am on the bus and am reading a book, when I am getting close to my bus stop the phone rings/vibrates and displays a notification.
- This could be based on the direction of travel, so the phone could detect that I'm on my usual bus route (which I have pre-entered) and only then display the notification.
- I enter an area where another user "has left a message", and receive notification of that message.
- This location based messaging will obviously require some server-side support and a network connection.
- How to allow the user to easily select the location/route when creating a new notification.
- How to make the notification intelligent enough so it's displayed when intended (i.e. if I'm just walking past the bus stop, don't tell me I'm there).
- Find possible online repositories of location based information which could be integrated with this (i.e. for tourism info)