Revision as of 15:34, 29 September 2008 by Glenn
A new battery type has appeared:
- 1000+ (dis)charge deep-cycles.
- Low self-discharge; 5% 25 deg. celcius / month
- Very electrically robust
- Very mechanically robust - can literally be nailed without explosion danger.
- -30...60 deg. celcius operating
- a123systems ANR26650M1 3.3V 2.3Ah can be charged in 15 minutes.
- Pdf-file: http://www.rc-netbutik.dk/getdoc.asp?id=100&md5hash=9810C237586CF6B4325753101E37DAE1 Quote: "...Curent test projecting excellent calendar life: 17% impedance growth and 23% capacity loss in 15 [fifteen!] years at 100% SOC, 60 deg. C..."
- Quote: "...according to our tesing, for 2.3AH high rate LiFe cell, the self-discharge rate is 4% of rated capacity per 28days...Jason's information is pretty close. We rate the cells at 5% cpacity loss per month...."
- DeWalt 36V Technology (A123 Systems):
- Quote: "...The M1 cells behave differently from other Lithium technologies. The specified end of charge voltage is 3.6 volts rather than 4.2 volts....The M1 cell, on the other hand, accepts very little additional energy above 3.6V....So how do the M1 cells compare? Tests so far show that over the course of a couple of weeks, the loss of capacity is close to zero. That's a good thing!..."
- http://www.sunhigh-battery.com/sdp/426453/4/pl-2390692/0-1538920.html Quote: "...The chemical structure of LiFePO4 used in SUNHIGH battery is very stable. The cycle life is extraordinary. The performance of the SUNHIGH's Fe- Battery is excellent for cycling at high temperature as well as for overcharge and over discharge..."