Wishlist/Data Traffic Monitor
m (Category changes: -User, -Ideas)
m (Wishlist:Data Traffic Monitor moved to Wishlist/Data Traffic Monitor: Replacing 'Wishlist:' with 'Wishlist/')
Latest revision as of 12:20, 31 August 2008
|Wishes warning! This article or section documents one or more OpenMoko Wish List items, the features described here may or may not be implemented in the future.|
This panel application will show information on the usage of GPRS(/EDGE/HSDPA), and warn at certain levels
 Use Cases
- I want to know how much MB's of data I used last month.
- I want to be warned if the daily amount of traffic I can use is exceeded
 Appearance & Interaction
The panel application should show data rates over 2 periods of time, ultimately the traffic today, and the traffic in the current billing period
 On Tap
The extra information is shown, containing the following:
- Traffic today / Average maximum amount of daily traffic
- Traffic this billing period (week/month/year?) / Maximum amount of traffic this billing period
- Number of days from beginning of last billing period / Length of billing period in days
 On Tap with Hold
A menu with the following:
- Change billing period information
- Change display/warning information
 Architectural Details
 Implementation Recommendations
 Unresolved Issues
- How do we monitor this information?
- Where do we store information?
- Should this be a part of the GSM & GPRS Connection Status Panel Application?
 Questions and Answers