|Hardware wishes warning! This article or section documents a Hardware Wish List item, the features described here may or may not be implemented in future devices.|
- This is also useful for several business applications (like healthcare, servicing, etc)
- Camera with macro - useful for taking pictures of flowers/insects, but also for scanning business cards for an automated business card to contact informantion process
- Principal 5MPixels camera and secondary camera for video-conference.
The current Neo1973 processor does not have a camera interface. A chip with the MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2) might be used as a future proof solution. The standard is available to companies who have joined the alliance.
A chip that complies to the open Standard Mobile Imaging Architecture (SMIA) Compact Camera Port (CCP2) serial interface may be (more) desirable. The Micron MT9D012 is a 2 Megapixel chip and one of many that complies to these standards.
There are 3.1, 5 and 8 Mega Pixel chips available as well but I don't know if they comply to the above standards. Either way a 2 Mega pixel chip would be basic by the time it was ever implemented into a newer model.
Liquid Lens camera
- A Liquid Lens camera for small, low power, electronically controlled autofocus.
Also available as part of an SMIA compatible camera module!
- A removable telescope or telephoto lens.
A tripod socket would make a camera more usable.