m (Robot: Changing Category:GTA02 Hardware)
|Line 75:||Line 75:|
Revision as of 17:38, 22 August 2008
- Feature: sound card
- Product Homepage: http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/WM8753/
- Data Sheet: WM8753.pdf
- Driver: https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/target/kernel/patches/asoc.patch
WM8753 (also the Wolfson Codec) is the "sound card" chip in the Neo1973 audio subsystem. It has a stereo ADC for recording and a stereo DAC for playback, plus a mono "voice" DAC.
It's connected to the Samsung S3C2410 IIS interface for PCM "hi-fi" data, and to the S3C2410 I2C interface for control. The PCM "voice" input and output is connected to the Bluetooth chip. The stereo output ("Audio Out": LOUT1 and ROUT1) is connected to LM4857 stereo input (LIN and RIN) for amplification. MONO1 and MONO2 form "GSM Line Out"; RXP and RXN form "GSM Line In". MIC1 is "Headset Mic", and MIC2 is "Call Mic".
The following output pins are not connected: LOUT2 and ROUT2, OUT3, OUT4. The following input pins are not connected: LINE1, LINE2.
There are several sources connected via switches that can cut each source out:
- "Left Mixer Left" and "Right Mixer Right Playback Switch" connect the stereo DAC for stereo mixing.
- "Mono Mixer Left" and "Mono Mixer Right Playback Switch" connect the stereo DAC for mono mixing.
- XXX bypass, sidetone, voice
From: Joerg Reisenweber <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:48:58 +0200 LOUT2/ROUT2 is handset earpiece (aka receiver). LOUT1/ROUT1 is routing to external amp, which there is switching between headset-stereo and device-speaker-mono(GTA02)/stereo(GTA01) via cpu-GPIO[HP_IN]. (what also is a function I expect to see in alsa-driver of our "OEM-card", but surely NOT in WM8753-alsa-driver) NC: OUT3 OUT4 MONO1, MONO2: differential output routing to mic analog in of GSM and while I'm writing... MIC2,MIC2N: diff. input from handset mic MIC1,MIC1N: "differential" Input from headset (ring3 jack, MIC1N:GND via 100N) RXP,RXN: diff. input from GSM analog "earpiece" output ACOP->AIN via 100N LINE1, LINE2: to testpoint H-TP3001/2, NC VXD: digital PCM to BT (mono only?) DACDAT, ADCDAT: to cpu via IIS
These modes are abstract definitions, which (atm) are represented by some *.state files in /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios, to feed to alsactl tool. There is no hardware or (at this moment) driver implementation of these modes, which in turn means you can easily create other operation modes, exploiting full feature set of Wolfson mixer chip.
- Off: all off.
- GSM Handset: only "Headset Mic" off.
- GSM Headset: only "Call Mic" off.
- GSM Bluetooth: only "Line In" and "Line Out" on.
- Speakers: only "Audio Out" on.
- Headphones: only "Audio Out" on.
- Capture Handset: only "Call Mic" on.
- Capture Headset: only "Headset Mic" on.
- Capture Bluetooth: all off.
- The WM8753 data sheet (PDF)
- asoc-* at OpenMoko kernel patches