Here I write down what I experience with my FreeRunner (GTA02).
Got it from [Pulster] in Germany; extremely quick delivery, good prices and very nice people.
This was installed when shipped; remains until I find a stable later solution
- Remarkebly stable and working version, useable for telephony and without pen.
- Some problems with SMS messages reappeaing
- phone-like data entry is boing, but woking
- No idea how to test GPS and WiFi; orrey did not read GPS
Works (booted from SD), more to follow
Does not boot from SD: Only GTA01 Hardware supported by ASoc driver Found finally the hint that the root-fs must be mounted rw here: Community_Updates/January_12th,_2009#Tips_and_tricks. However, tricking with Uboot load is a hard requirement for a beginner, even with lots of system experience. I thought that testing from a SD card would be a wise thing!
After 2nd boot, the system runs very unstable.
Works (booted from SD)
- Telephony rather mature (can read adress list)
- GPS functioning (usual long time if booted from SD)
- WLAN not encrypted, because it is nearly impossible to enter any non-trivial key
Works fine (booted from SD), but latest version requires rw mount during boot.
- Crashes WindowsXP-SP3 when connecting USB (VMware problem?)
- Very slow (30% cpu time continuously in enlightenment)
- WiFi access not yet working
- Very quickly suspending
- Phone calls working, even in suspend!
- tangoGPS not yet working