Here I write down what I experience with my FreeRunner (GTA02).
Got it from [Pulster] in Germany; extremely quick delivery, good prices and very nice people.
This was installed when shipped; remains until I find a stable later solution
- Remarkebly stable and working version, useable for telephony and without pen.
- Some problems with SMS messages reappeaing
- phone-like data entry is boing, but woking
- No idea how to test GPS and WiFi; orrey did not read GPS
Works (booted from SD), more to follow
Does not boot from SD: Only GTA01 Hardware supported by ASoc driver Found finally the hint that the root-fs must be mounted rw here: Community_Updates/January_12th,_2009#Tips_and_tricks. However, tricking with Uboot load is a hard requirement for a beginner, even with lots of system experience. I thought that testing from a SD card would be a wise thing!
After 2nd boot, the system runs very unstable.
Works fine (booted from SD), more to follow
Works fine (booted from SD), but latest version requires rw mount during boot.
- Crashes WindowsXP-SP3 when connecting USB (VMware problem?)
- Very slow (30% cpu time continuously in enlightenment)
- WiFi access not yet working
- Very quickly suspending
- Phone calls working, even in suspend!
- tangoGPS not yet working