Here I write down what I experience with my FreeRunner (GTA02).
Got it from [Pulster] in Germany; extremely quick delivery, good prices and very nice people.
This was installed when shipped; remains until I find a stable later solution
- Remarkebly stable and working version, useable for telephony and without pen.
- Some problems with SMS messages reappeaing
- phone-like data entry is boing, but woking
- No idea how to test GPS and WiFi; orrey did not read GPS
Works (booted from SD), more to follow
Does not boot from SD: Only GTA01 Hardware supported by ASoc driver Found finally the hint here: Community_Updates/January_12th,_2009#Tips_and_tricks. However, tricking with Uboot load is a hard requirement for a beginner, even with lots of system experience. I thought that testing from a SD card would be a wise thing!
Nevertheless, this system booted then, but (except Sudoku and Dialer) no application works upto now. Maybe I have to reset the root fs..
Works fine (booted from SD), more to follow
Works fine (booted from SD)
- Crashes WindowsXP-SP3 when connecting USB
- Very slow (30% cpu time continuously in enlightenment)
- WiFi access not yet working
- Very quickly suspending
- Phone calls working
- tangoGPS gets location