I'm a student in the city Ghent, like user:Yorick. I study engineering (option informatics).
pieter dot colpaert [aŧ] gmail dot com
my openmoko ideas
Bash - phone
An openmoko distribution which uses FSO. The interface is just a shell with on top of it a transparent keyboard (something like the fatfingershell). You can dail like this:
pieterc@myphone$ dail +3248...... <RET>
or a contact:
pieterc@myphone$ dail hom<tab> <RET> # = pieterc phone home
dail should be a python/bash/... script using the FSO api. other easy to use commands I can think of:
- addcontact contact #number# -group "friends"
- whereami (returns gsm locations and searches for cityname close to
- sendtext "come home for dinner" son1 # sends sms to son1 (again with
- wakemeup 7:30
- tail /var/mail #to read last text-messages
bash-commands or commands you're used to: ls,cd,grep,awk,tail, ps, date, ...
and some ported apps:
- nethack (yes, the game)
- emacs (with erc)
- fortune (I like fortune a lot.)
I think it's extremely easy and fun to develop this idea. It would make a perfect unix-lover-phone. We could hack on gnu bash to accomplish the auto completion for contacts and other stuff.