Some Openmoko hacking
- Fuzzy number matching (ugly hack): https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1606
Sleep Menu Item
Put the following script somewhere, e.g. /home/root and make it executable (chmod +x sleep). Now you can use ./sleep in the terminal to enter suspend mode.
#!/bin/sh dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.Suspend int32:0
If you put the following file in .local/share/applications/sleep.desktop, you will have a menu entry in the Utilities menu for the sleep script:
[Desktop Entry] Encoding=UTF-8 Name=Sleep Exec=/home/root/sleep Terminal=false Type=Application Categories=GTK;Utility StartupNotify=false
What should work before I consider the phone usable as my regular phone:
- Screen locking that does not obscure the new messages / missed call indicators.
- Phone should suspend even when display is (accidentally) touched, as long as the screen lock is not lifted.
- LED indication of new messages / missed calls when in suspend mode.
- Enough battery power to reliably work at least one day.