It booted, but then complained that the process Application Settings in process com.android.settings was not responding. I tried clicking Wait a few times. Then I put the phone aside for a few minutes and the screen blanked. I reactivated it by hitting the power button, then there was a new error that the process com.android.phone had stopped unexpectedly. I clicked "Force close", which was the only option.
I saw the same error after clicking on the Open Source Licenses viewer.
Unfortunately this image includes a Skype icon of some kind. Do not want.
Basically nothing worked after installing. I received the "com.android.phone" error whenever I tried to do anything meaningful.
It also doesn't seem to like my SIM, as it complains that I have no service.
Looks like someone reported the Application Settings error here.
How do I get an account for the Trac instance?
To get adb working on my Debian testing amd64 box, I installed ia32-libs.
adb kill-server ADBHOST=192.168.0.202 adb devices
Note that it shows up as eth1 rather than usb0.
ia32-archive on my mipsel laptop should work but doesn't install right now.
Connecting with adb shell and running logcat, I see the bluetooth headset service crashing constantly. As per this thread, removing the APN entries seems to solve the problems.
Removing nonfree stuff
After starting an adb shell, "pm list packages" shows what's installed. But, "pm uninstall com.android.providers.drm" returned failure. So did disconnecting from the shell and running "adb uninstall com.android.providers.drm". "pm list packages -f" lists not only the package names but also the files that they are associated with. Trying to rm the "/system/app/DrmProvider.apk" file just errors because the filesystem is read-only, even after I remount it rw. Well, that's because /system is on its own partition. So, this seems to do it:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock6 /system adb shell rm /system/app/DrmProvider.apk