Who I am?
My name is Sven Klomp. I'm a PhD. Student at Leibniz Universität Hannover.
Because of the very nice case :-)
I'm mainly interested in the PIM functionalities of Openmoko. My SonyEricsson K750i isn't suited as organizer (who programmed a calendar without recurrent events?!?).
Last year I started with Geocaching, and I think the Neo will be the perfect platform for it. I imagine a software, that downloads all important information from the website so I can fall back to the hints.
I also add some streets to Openstreetmap. Sometimes it is a little bit frustrating: You are driving the half day to collect GPS tracks and when you start to edit the tracks with your computer you notice that half of the streets were already recorded. With the Freerunner, I want to download some map data from Openstreetmap and then drive directly to the blank spots.
- Get latest kernel and rootfs image (MS5)
- Upload them to the phone (dfu-util)
- Boot and be happy
- Activate USB-Networking the quick way:
ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0
- Activate power down when the power button is pressed long by adding the following to /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml:
- # # Power-off Handling # trigger: InputEvent() filters: - HasAttr(switch, "POWER") - HasAttr(event, "held") - HasAttr(duration, 5) actions: Command('poweroff')
- Patch Zhone for VCF addressbook
- Install Cellhunter
- It needs python-pygtk but this package isn't available in the feeds. Therefore add src/gz shr-armv4t http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/ipk//armv4t/ to opkg config
- However, some depdendencies are screwed up, therefore GTK+ have to be removed:
opkg remove -force-depends gtk+
- ...and the following have to be added to cellhunter.py:
import sys sys.path.append("/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0")
- Install Mokomaze
- Enable Wifi
mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.odeviced /org/freesmartphone/Device/PowerControl/WiFi org.freesmartphone.Resource.Enable