Unresolved Hardware Questions
Revision as of 19:45, 31 July 2007 by Coredump
Unresolved hardware questions on the Neo1973, and other platforms.
- Questions that can probably only be answered by FIC staff
- Power managment information in Neo1973_Power_Management needs to be updated by someone with schematics.
- Questions that only require access to hardware.
- Power consumption in various modes - by someone with P1 hardware.
- Find a multimeter with a current range of at least 500mA.
- Charge your neo fully.
- Get a USB-USB extension lead - or a lead that fits the neo, one you have spare.
- Carefully remove the outer plastic covering over a short - 5cm section in the middle of the cable.
- Part any silver shielding under the wire to reveal the four insulated wires.
- Cut the red wire. (not the blue wire, or it explodes! :) )
- Strip the ends of the wires, and connect the multimeter set on 500mA to them.
- Check you have not damaged any other wires, and check that the ends of the red wires or the probes cannot short against the exposed shielding.
- Plug neo into this cable (either directly, or if it's used as a charging cable
- Observe current reading on multimeter. 1ma=5mW (approx).
- Figures that would be of use, in order of importance.
- Idle with backlight on at main screen.
- Idle with backlight off at main screen.
- Idle with backlight on, and GSM off.
- CPU maxed out - md5sum /dev/zero, backlight on
- Playing MP3 with backlight on and volume off.
- Playing MP3 with speakers on high, loudly.
- Active on a call with backlight on.
- Idle running only gllin with backlight on.
- Suspended with GSM on
- Suspended with GSM off
- Charging with flat battery, on and off
- (h/w revision 0x0240 (P1 bv4))
- On: 496mA
- Off: 50mA
- The u-boot options controlling auto-fast charging have no effect whatsoever. Neo will only charge with 50mA when turned off (FIXME: add u-boot version)
- The aim is to get the following numbers. CPU Idle and max. Backlight power. Audio power max. GSM modem max, normal and off.
- Pictures of inside of front of case.