English • العربية • Български • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Esperanto • Eesti • Español • فارسی • Suomi • Français • עברית • Magyar • Italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • Norsk (bokmål) • Polski • Português • Română • Русский • Svenska • Slovenčina • Українська • 中文(中国大陆) • 中文(台灣) • Euskara • Català
Tichy is a python applets manager for embedded devices.
The goal of the project is to make it easy to write many kind of applications for openmoko using the python language.
Tichy provides the following things :
- Graphics User Interface widgets
- Services registering and Requesting (for example an application that want to send a message will request for an application implementing the message sending service)
- Tasklets system (This allow to write callback blocking application as if they where multi-threads)
- Abstraction of Item / View (Just explain what you want to show, tichy will generate the widgets)
- Guillaume "Charlie" Chereau, main developer
- Michael "Goodwill" (Did the freedesktop app launcher plugin)
The sources can be found from svn repository on project.openmoko :
svn checkout svn://svn.projects.openmoko.org/svnroot/tichy
Running on the desktop
Thanks to the service system, that allow to provide several version of the same service, Tichy can run as well on a desktop computer as on the neo.
To run it on the desktop, just download the sources, then go into test, and run
Running on neo
You will need to compile some files, see the README for more information on how to do it.
You need python 2.5 and some libraries installed :