m (fix openmoko-look.org hostname (not that it works anymore ...))
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Latest revision as of 11:09, 19 July 2009
This page is a stub about making Openmoko pretty, waiting for openmoko-look.org, see also Artwork for more general pretty things.
Everything is customizable already, but there is not much yet by way of ready-to-use themes for changing everything at once. Eventually, the plan is to offer readymade packages to change the phone's look and feel simply with `opkg' (or the graphical installer).
- For the eyes, one may change three things. First, the boot splash screens. Second, Customize Application Icons (also on this page). Three, everything else is determined by an Illume theme discussed below.
- For the ears, we can change Ringtones, Boot sound and Tap sound.
- By touch, we are not doing much with the vibrators and accels yet.
 Changing the Illume theme
To change the illume theme, download an already compiled .edj file and put it into ~/.e/e/themes/illume.edj. The Enlightenment exchange repository offers many themes, modules and applications. The following themes were made specifically with the FreeRunner in mind:
- A Tango variant for Illume based distros is at .
- CarloRatm illume theme. If you do not read Italian try this thread on the mailing list first.I've made it only for testing an application, there are some errors (e.g. the charging battery icon...) i'll try to solve next days -- CarloRatm
> In the enlightenment archives there's a new Rasterman image: > - openmoko-illume-image-glibc-ipk--20080929-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2  > It looks so cool with the new illume theme     , but > practically it has no telephony related software installed in since it > seems a simple OE built with these scripts , so (I figure) that > you're free to put in both the FSO and/or the Om2008.8 stack, just > install the needed packages! > >  http://download.enlightenment.org/misc/Illume/ >  http://forum.telefoninux.org/index.php/topic,533.0/topicseen.html >  http://www.rasterman.com/files/illume-01.ogg >  http://www.rasterman.com/files/illume-02.ogg >  http://www.rasterman.com/files/illume-03.ogg >  http://www.rasterman.com/files/illume-04.ogg >  http://www.rasterman.com/files/oe-setup.tar.gz
Creating or modifying an Illume theme is not as simple as editing a text file, because for performance reasons the .edj files are compiled. See the instructions about Edje as well as the Enlightenment .cfg page.
 Where to find other themes elements
A GTK theme following the Tango line is at .
There are a few background images for the Display Locker screen in Om 2007.2.
Unreleased ongoing work: