Revision as of 02:41, 16 July 2008 by Westcoastmonson
Feedback and advice is always welcome!
- Will volunteer to help maintain this in anyway, shape, or form. Would like to see direction come from Brenda, if not someone designated by her. I think as a group we can make a huge impact on this wiki, but in order for us to come up w/ some process, organization, and editing rules I feel that OM needs to endorse this.
Has anyone contacted Brenda yet concering this project? -westcoastmonson
- I won't put my name down yet, but I'll probably end up involved in Wiki editing once I get my Freerunner and start wanting to find information... Consider me an interested party. Darksatanic 21:28, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'd love to take a crack at a better Getting Started for Brand New OpenMoko Developers - from after you have unwrapped your phone to "Hello World". The confusion over which Distro to use, and the constant references in the Wiki to the Neo 1973 sure dont help :-) - Vijay
- biggest issue is reorganizing the pages into something that makes more sense, and keeping Brenda involved since she's in charge of the wiki as an OpenMoko employee. Secondary concern is that everyone who signs up understands wiki syntax - Ian Douglas
- I'm also not willing to be an official maintainer, but expect to contribute lots of edits. I don't really understand why references to the Neo 1973 are confusing. The company has two very similar devices and it's simply more efficient to discuss the same topic with respect to each in the same place. If someone really wants to duplicate such similar content in two separate places, go for it, but that's a lot of work for little payback, when we could instead educate wiki users that there are two devices out there. The main thing I think the maintainers should focus on initially is getting a very organized front page and better search functionality in place. Those two things prevent people from finding what they are looking for. The search is just abysmal and I can't even find pages I know I've edited in the past using the search. The front page cannot link to everything, but it should try to hit the main things people are looking for and also provide a prominent link to a more comprehensive index that can be used when the front page doesn't have what you're looking for. We might ask OpenMoko if they'd be willing to give us some website stats on the wiki so that we know which pages ARE most-visited and then could be sure to include those on the front page. - Brianwc