Talk:Qtopia / Qt Extended on FreeRunner
(Cut paste on QtEI discussion page)
|(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)|
|Line 81:||Line 81:|
Is the "Mapping demo" application comparable to TangoGPS and/or
Is the "Mapping demo" application comparable to TangoGPSand/or [[Navit]] ?--[[User:Apertum|Apertum]] 13:, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Latest revision as of 11:29, 19 May 2009
 jffs image
Mounting the jffs file as described did not work for me. Instead I did the following:
mknod /dev/mtdblock0 b 31 0
losetup /dev/loop0 <rootfs.jffs2 file>
echo "/dev/loop0" > /sys/module/block2mtd/parameters/block2mtd
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 <mountpoint>
This seemed to work out alright.
I had pretty good luck with the procedure on the Qtopia on FreeRunner page using KnoppMyth 5.5 for my linux. Had to su but few problems. The only part I didn't figure out was the -C switch in the tar command. Failed every time. Worked around it.
 uImage path
A problem I had was with "Installing Kernel" instructions : instead of putting uImage.bin on the first partition in /boot folder, I had to put it directly in / (without that I couldn't boot). If someone else can reproduce the problem, I will edit the article. -Xavier_OM
- Same here I have to put uImage directly to / (not to /boot) -PipBoy2000
- Same here too. Should I change it on the page? --Nowic 16:24, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
 Partitioning & u-boot
How are you all (who have successfully booted to SD) partitioning your cards?
Also, what (if any) changes did you make to u-boot environment? I was unable to make any of my changes stick, so I couldn't add support for ext3.
- My understanding is that they should be reported to Trolltech. I'll add the tracker address and information to the page now. --JohnSullivan 16:46, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
 Suspend/Resume bug
I just tested with 4.3.3, booting on battery power, and the phone suspends and resumes just fine. Is this still reproducible now? I suggest removing it from the page. --JohnSullivan 16:47, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
in "Current Status" stands, that their is now browser...but in "What is in the latest release (Qtopia 4.4)? " there stands that a webkit browser is on the image...what is correct?
- The Qt Extended 4.4.2 image does contain a webkit based browser. It works just fine, although i would like to see a zooming in/out feature :-)
Is tangogps supposed to work with qtextended? wasn't it a gtk-app, was it?
- tangoGPS will not work with QtExtended 4.4.2 image, at least there are package dependency problems
root@om-gta02:~# opkg -noaction install http://www.tangogps.org/downloads/tangogps_0.9.3-r1_armv4t.ipk Downloading http://www.tangogps.org/downloads/tangogps_0.9.3-r1_armv4t.ipk Installing tangogps (0.9.3-r1) to root... Collected errors: * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for tangogps: * gtk+ * gtk+-fastscaling (>= 2.10.14) * libatk-1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0) * libxext6 (>= 1.0.3) * libxcursor1 (>= 1.1.8) * libxfixes3 (>= 4.0.3) * pango (>= 1.18.3) * libcairo2 (>= 1.4.10) * libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.1) * libfreetype6 (>= 2.3.5) * libxrender1 (>= 0.9.2) * libx11-6 (>= 1.1.2) * libxau6 (>= 1.0.3) * libxdmcp6 (>= 1.0.2) * gconf-dbus (>= 2.16.0+svnr641)
- TangoGPS depends upon libx11, therefore tangoGPS is unusable without an Xserver (Xserver might be Xfbdev, but QtExtended directly uses the framebuffer), so no luck for tangoGPS on QtExtended :-(
- QtExtended comes with an "Mapping Demo" application