Talk:FreeRunner/Buttons and LEDs
Revision as of 22:09, 4 May 2008 by KlaymenDK
Basic Button Usage
Basic LED Usage
- HEARTBEAT will emit a short blink every 4 seconds.
- KlaymenDK: I wanted to ask if this could be configurable, but it seems to be (see "Minimal LED Usage" below).
- If Bluetooth and Wifi are powered on, WIRELESS will be lit continuosly.
- KlaymenDK: How about a double-blink (perhaps short+long combo)? This might save power.
- HEARTBEAT will increase blinking as the charge level of the battery increases.
- KlaymenDK: Does this mean increasing frequency, or increasing blink duration? Personally, I think I would prefer the latter. Quickly blinking lights might be stressful.
- jOERG writes to suggest that the blink frequency should increase with charging current, and that the blink length should increase with battery charge. That is, the LED could blink eg. once per 2.5s during charging at 100mA, and two blinks per second during 500mA charging. Further, blinks should be short and far between if the battery is flat, and nearly continuous when it's almost full. [klay says: I hope I understood this right, joerg.]
Advanced Button/LED Usage
- In ON-Mode, EVENT will blink every 2 seconds if there's an event that needs your attention.
- The more events, the faster EVENT will blink.
- KlaymenDK: How about a double-, triple-, or n-blink? Quickly blinking lights might be stressful.
Minimal LED Usage
Mode: OFF or SUSPEND
Mode: ON or LOCK
- HEARTBEAT will emit a short blink every 4 seconds only when battery power is low. Optionally the number of blinks can be increased or the number of seconds can be decreased as the battery power is getting more critical. More information on the battery status can of course be found on the display itself.
- KlaymenDK: Spending extra power when it becomes critical does seem ironic. Still, I'm in favour of this idea.