Please fill in everything you think the community should know. On 25th June this content will be moved to http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Updates/June_25%2C_2009, FEEL FREE TO DO IT on 25th, also post a note on the community mailing list!
Period May 22nd to June 25th, 2009
FIXME, I'm placing this here as evidence of such important things, please reorganize, complete and above all, correct my English.
On June 2nd, Sean Moss-Pultz (CEO of OpenMoko Inc.) announced a major change in the OpenMoko world: the development of open phones was discontinued by Openmoko Inc. It will be assigned to the Community, so everybody is called to participate in this big challenge: make the project survive and grow!
The complete transition will happen in the coming months.
In the mean time Openmoko is beginning to move on the new course, the FSO team is looking for funding and continues development, we should expect the 5.5 release in a few days, the same for Paroli, 4 new developers are able to improve and maintain the kernel, but a lot of help is needed. Every contribution is important in order to realize the transition, so organization experts, developers, system administrators, testers, translators, wiki editors, all are welcome to get involved!
- Om 2009 - There have been new additions to features and bug fixes to the last image. The latest testing release-5 for June 16th is available here
- Android - Michael Trimarchi, aka Panicking, released a new image of the Cupcake version of Android (1.5). He is now concentrating on integrating Glamo chip so we can expect smoother video response soon.
- Koolu has released a very workable Beta 7 of Android. They have simplified the installation procedure, and use Qi as the bootloader. Michael's (and others) work is integrated in their release and now Neo Freerunner is a Mobile Phone. Results of ongoing tests can be found at Android usage
- Mer an is a new distributions based on Maemo Mer is being ported to Freerunner, thanks to the support of Eshopen distributor of OpenMoko in Italy, by Vincenzo Ampolo (goshawk) and Carsten M. Munk (Stskeep). They are now concentrating on a finger friendly keyboard fit for the different screensize, and the integration of FSO.
- Canola is a media center like application for Nokia Tablets. It's intended to be a very simple and fast way of consuming media from the device or the Internet. Canola was originally developed for the Maemo platform and was open sourced recently. For additional information on feeds, install, etc. look at this thread
- Literki 0.0.1 - "Literki is full qwerty keyboard with configurable layout, optimized for use with a terminal application. The keys are big enough for everyday use with your fat fingers."
- Exampleapp 0.0.1 - description
- Czech translation of SHR - A Czech translation of the libframeworkd-phonegui-efl - the core of SHR Dialer, Messages and Contacts - has been created. SHR Settings is now translated as well. All this is available in the SHR-Unstable build.
- Qwo 0.5 - A new release, support for color customization has been added, and bugs are fixed. This project is an implementation of Quikwriting, an efficient way to input text for hand-held devices almost without picking your finger off the screen, all the credits must go to Pr Ken Perlin.
- Omgps 0.1 - A new release, bugs are fixed, some minor User Interface changes. The goal of this project is to provide a new GPS GUI application for OpenMoko mobile phone. Good performance is one of the initial aims.
- Exampleapp 0.0.1 - description
- new examplefeature
Lets let our dreams flow here: and give inspiration for our able programmers
Let me see :
I want my phone automatically divert a call to my secretary/useroption when i am in a meeting. Read from Calender. read from gps meeting room presence
I want my phone to automagically detect that the meeting is longer ( GPS in meeting room accelerometer-AM no activity, mike voice activity) Adapt my agenda Give no warning when allowed, eg no other meeting - options
I want my phone to automagically adapt my agenda when the meeting is shorter ( AM activity , GPS out of meeting room signal secretary alert
I want my phone to automagically divert calls when i am moving faster than walking: driving (GPS / AM)divert calls for
I want my phone to automagically divert calls for business callers out of office hours (exceptions
I want my phone to automagically divert calls when i am in the sleeping room (GPS / AM)
I want to be able to see where my phone is when it is lost / stolen/ GPS - webaccess
I want my phone to automagically divert calls when i am talking to my wife (over the phone or face to face ( GPS voice detection AM
I want my phone to automagically divert calls from my GF when talking to my wife ( and vice versa I want my phone to automagically divert calls I want my phone to automagically divert calls I want my phone to automagically divert calls
Most important and change making mails on the mailing lists, blogs etc.. Coolest hacks, screenshots, themes etc..
Remember - you only have until July 15, 2009 to take advantage of the SDG Systems & Koolu buzz-fix program. This may be the only formal buzz-fix program for owners in the US. See http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-June/049041.html for details.
- RuiSeabra is developping an Identi.ca client at http://code.google.com/p/elmdentica (not yet released, though, only through subversion)
- 2009-mm-dd Example event | add your event here