Period 20, Feb~6, Mar, 2009
- FSO 5.1 have released. FSO milestone5 to fix some bugs that crept into the release, notably the "not working on bootloaders that mount the root partition read-only".
- The release has been built out of the fso/milestone5 OE branch. Get it at http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-stable/milestone5.1/
- Om2009 release plan--On the release plan, Openmoko is going to put FSO milestone 5.5, the stable kernel, paroli and the new xorg-glamo drivers together and make most stable distro ever. The builds in March will be called Alpha builds, and will receive only partial testing. Start with Beta builds and full testing in April. From then on only critical features and bug fixes will be backported into the branch. At the end of May, release candidates (RC builds) will start generating.
- 2009-02-20 0.35 pre-release - give it a try, more packages should now install, the bug was finally found.. Let me know if it works for you!
- Voicenote-Voicenote is a software which allows to record any sound from the microphone into a wav file. It is intended to be an easy and quick way to do so.
- netsurf-A new web browser for FreeRunner.
- new Project - Sync with Evolution / notifier
- GridPad 2.0 have released.
- GridPad is an alternative input method for entering text with your finger, a Simple Character Recognizer Software. It’s an approximation to a handwriting recognition program, but in the most simply way that you can think.
- Install files: http://downloads.om.vptt.ch/GridPad/
- More information in: GridPad User Manual
- Code at: http://svn.om.vptt.ch/trunk/GridPad
- MokoGeocaching 0.2 released
- It's a litle gtk python script that searches the geocaching.com site for caches near your current position or a user specified lattitude and longitude and add the cache as a poi in tangogps.
- The script can now:
- get gps location from phone
- user can manually set location
- user can specified range
- script can download matching geocaches and add as poi
- read geocaching.com username and password from configuration file threaded gtk and downloading - but unfortunately not searching unicode support.
- gui input for username and password
- The script can now:
- The package can be found here: http://www.opkg.org/package_141.html
- it only tested it on shr unstable.
- Voicenote 0.3 released
- At the new release, you can play the wav files you have recorded with voicenote (or other wav files), and go back the the 1st choice dialog (record or play?) after each action.
- If you want to read more, please visit http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Voicenote .
- Sephora 0.2.2 released
- Neon 0.9.8 released
- Changes since 0.9.6 :
- Smoother scrolling in filesystem browser
- Added a "scrollbar" in filesystem browser. It doesn't allow to scroll the list, it's used only as an indicator of progression.
- Window can be rotated now via accelerometers data.
- Minor fixes and code cleanups
- As usual you can get it at : http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/?group_id=239
- BEWARE : If your system uses Python 2.6 (not 2.5) like SHR or FSO, you must install alternative package neon_0.9.8-r1_all_py2.6.ipk
Tips and Tricks
- moko 11 considered to be official
- Moko11 is considered to be "official". So far, received reports indicating that moko11 did indeed solve the problems it's supposed to address (i.e., lost wakeups and flow control.)
- The developer now also like to know if anything has gone wrong after installing moko11, e.g., if the changes in IO1 handling have introduced new wakeup problems. Everyone who's tried moko11-beta to please reply, either to the list or to Werner in private.
- About the draft of moko11, the draft is here.
- Help developing www.opkg.org
- Opkg.org needs some developers to develop some features.
- For Opkg.org was not updated for two months, but there are still some features needed, like a better comment system with email notifications, for example. Tobiasdecided to publish the opkg.org source code, by this way, anyone who want to help making www.opkg.org even better than it is today, feel free to contact Tobias.
- Announcement: March 2nd, 2009
- Registration deadline: March 8th (see below)
- Submission deadline: March 24th, 2009 07:00 UTC
- Required license: GPL v2
- Programming language: c/c++ (no python/bash)
Hi all, i have just pushed a new branch on kernel repo which will have the development efforts we are doing on the DRM kernel driver. It is called drm-tracking and is based on Tom's approach (thanks!).